The financial benefits of maintaining our own cars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I wish I still lived in the rental property that I lived at 14 years ago. There was a tall ceiling shop that ran the entire length of the back of a duplex I lived at. That shop had a garage door at each end. The landlord actually was a fighter pilot in Vietnam and had been on the same carrier I was on at the same time. Anyway, he rented the shop to me for $300 a month. If I was willing to stay for a long time, he was willing to install a two post lift as long as I took care of his company/personal vehicles and would then charge me no rent on the shop. This was in the middle of the 08 crappy economy and I was not working but making money in the shop turning wrenches. I agreed and we shook hands on the deal. I was going to still charge a reduced labor on his rigs. Then my wife got sick and she passed and life went to hell.

Anyway, life goes on but I sure was looking forward to my own two post lift and my own shop two walk in doors away. All protected by my dog that had two doggie doors and she was a great watch dog. The doggie door went from kitchen and across 3 feet of gravel and then a doggie door to the shop. This walk way was all locked off from a human getting in there. The landlord even said he would pay half of the heating bill for the shop. I moved away before the lift was installed when I took over my first self storage facility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh