The financial benefits of maintaining our own cars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacement Rockwell has been ordered I’m also considering a old IM5100 snap on impact for my job edit :my last one was amazing until I messed it up during regular maintenance. These things were bought by the US government for $700 each when they were brand new they’re a “snap-on product” if you’re looking for a cheap air ratchet that’ll outlive you if you maintain it this is the one mine was like 30 years old when I got it. MORE: this was pre Boeing acquisition I believe so before the tools went from amazing to just ok rockwell now only makes woodworking stuff they even have history with nasa it’s crazy cool stuff nobody talks about.8FEDD19C-F937-4A81-BF5F-6A9C6492CD74.jpeg

Last edited:

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacement Rockwell has been ordered I’m also considering a old IM5100 snap on impact for my job edit :my last one was amazing until I messed it up during regular maintenance. These things were bought by the US government for $700 each when they were brand new they’re a “snap-on product” if you’re looking for a cheap air ratchet that’ll outlive you if you maintain it this is the one mine was like 30 years old when I got it. MORE: this was pre Boeing acquisition I believe so before the tools went from amazing to just ok rockwell now only makes woodworking stuff they even have history with nasa it’s crazy cool stuff nobody talks about.View attachment 378303

I have been using aircat ratchets.
Plastic body, but they are quiet and powerful.
I have one that can do something like 120 ft lbs.

I have had it trap/crush my fingers more than a few times. :jester:
It's great for removing bolts that are just a little too stuck for any other air ratchet I have, and if I can't fit an impact in there it's the 'ol finger crusher to the rescue. :D

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacement Rockwell has been ordered I’m also considering a old IM5100 snap on impact for my job edit :my last one was amazing until I messed it up during regular maintenance. These things were bought by the US government for $700 each when they were brand new they’re a “snap-on product” if you’re looking for a cheap air ratchet that’ll outlive you if you maintain it this is the one mine was like 30 years old when I got it. MORE: this was pre Boeing acquisition I believe so before the tools went from amazing to just ok rockwell now only makes woodworking stuff they even have history with nasa it’s crazy cool stuff nobody talks about.View attachment 378303
Forgot all about those, use to run them all the time in my shops with air.

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WP_20210703_16_08_52_Pro.jpg

Danmar Cadet 6000 XL is the best automotive tool / equipment I've ever bought. (look lower left of photo)
Forget jacking up and crawling under your vehicles and all that. Just put her on the lift. Makes brakes, suspension work all that stuff FAR easier.
It paid for itself the second or third time I used it.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 384977

Danmar Cadet 6000 XL is the best automotive tool / equipment I've ever bought. (look lower left of photo)
Forget jacking up and crawling under your vehicles and all that. Just put her on the lift. Makes brakes, suspension work all that stuff FAR easier.
It paid for itself the second time I used it.
Paid for itself? All $2500 worth? :crazy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter