06 yukon manifold gasket and knock sensors question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
your fine as long as you are not driving it in a manner to make it ping, just use good gas.
I don't remember what a shop charges to do it I think the oem sensors run around $50 each and the harness might be around $25-30
I would highly recommend not using aftermarket sensors otherwise you will be doing it again soon.
That is something I don't remember asking or hearing about. What brand of fuel and octane rating do you use?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is something I don't remember asking or hearing about. What brand of fuel and octane rating do you use?
cheap, low octane fuel can cause knocking, just makes sense that if you have to drive it with a bad knock sensor to use better fuel
lolly gagging up a hill in high gear can cause knocking as well

OP
OP
yukon06

yukon06

Reaction score
cheap, low octane fuel can cause knocking, just makes sense that if you have to drive it with a bad knock sensor to use better fuel
lolly gagging up a hill in high gear can cause knocking as well
I hear no knocking, though i just filled up yesterday....i use regular as thats what it says to use and a welcome relief from using premium in the VW.....i mix up stations depending on when i need it and im pretty sure i filled at quickchek, which ive been doing the last year or so its close to home....any recommendations of octane or particular stations are welcome...im tired of things breaking down

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear no knocking, though i just filled up yesterday....i use regular as thats what it says to use and a welcome relief from using premium in the VW.....i mix up stations depending on when i need it and im pretty sure i filled at quickchek, which ive been doing the last year or so its close to home....any recommendations of octane or particular stations are welcome...im tired of things breaking down
if the gas is good your fine I wouldn't even worry about it, I am thinking back to far when knock sensors where not a thing

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bummer. They used Dorman knock sensors. It also looks like they replaced the harness. So my bet is those Dorman sensors are already bad. The OEM harness is a bit harder to find (though it can be purchased without too much trouble). I’d say you probably want to leave the harness, as long as it still looks good, and replace those knock sensors with OEM ones.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bummer. They used Dorman knock sensors. It also looks like they replaced the harness. So my bet is those Dorman sensors are already bad. The OEM harness is a bit harder to find (though it can be purchased without too much trouble). I’d say you probably want to leave the harness, as long as it still looks good, and replace those knock sensors with OEM ones.

Looks to me like the 213-3521s are ACDelco knock sensors. The harness is Dorman; I don't think there's a GM one available IIRC. (You might be right about the harness availability)

OP
OP
yukon06

yukon06

Reaction score
Well i surmise then dorman parts should be avoided in the future?
AC Delco only?

Update- CEL disappeared this afternoon...I dont know why, maybe the harness is loose if there is a connector?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins

Latest posts