2003 Denali Cabin Air Filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Does it have one? All the auto parts stores list one (which you need two of), but when I took the kick panel off to access it there didn't seem to be anything there to replace. Further research suggests GM did away with replaceable filters, but I can't figure out how to tell when exactly they did that or if I just wasn't looking hard enough.

Anyone know?

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it has one, you remove the passenger side kick panel/black blastic panel under the glove box. It'll have a black plastic removable door in the evap core housing. I believe your year does not even though parts stores list one. Went through the same thing on my 04.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yeah, I took it apart and looked. It's just solid plastic where the little swing down tabbed latch thing would be. How the heck are you supposed to clean up/out the HVAC? What a dumb design. IMO

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Id imagine it probably has some kind of dirt/debris deflector in the air inlet that the older ones dont have? Just spitballing there.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda dumb to get rid of the filters. My 2000 Tahoe has them and they are stacked in there. I'm sure it came down to the bean counters just like getting rid of the fuel filter on the rail to cut cost or assembly time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you on again Scott, long time no see!

To answer your question, cabin filters were only on '00 - '02 trucks!

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Thanks, man! Yeah, I kinda disappeared for a while. New job, had to move, life's been crazy!

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, man! Yeah, I kinda disappeared for a while. New job, had to move, life's been crazy!

Wow no kidding. Figured you moved on to a different vehicle or something. Welcome back.
Your retrofit is what first drove me to do my retrofit.

Yea the lack of cabin filters sucks. However if you Google it, people have added them back in. They cut the slot and then use the 99-02 "door" to cover the hole they cut. Been contemplating adding it in mine.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Haha went to auto zone and bought a cabin filter as it was listed in their computer system. Got home and couldn't find the filter door either. I have a 03 tahoe.
I took the filter back almost a year later and got in store credit lol.

Where did you move to?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo