2002 Tahoe - Check Engine and Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My above comment seemed so self promoting if read a certain way and I know you are not saying that. I am talking about what I felt when I read it BUT, time and time again you will see that I have posted and will continue to post about starting ANY diagnostic with basics first. I have always started by checking as much related and non related wiring connections and grounds when electrical problems rear their ugly heads and seem to make no sense at all. That is why I mentioned what I read before and after my hiatus from the site. Sometimes someone makes a WAG and it is correct but I am from Missouri originally and I like to be SHOWN. Handing keys to a customer and assuring them their problem is fixed will cause that.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Periodically my check engine and brake light for parking brake will come on for no reason. They will stay on for a while and then go off. Help?
Check Engine lights are all the rage on many of the trucks on here. With so many sensors it's a common problem even when the truck runs perfectly fine. I have my ABS and BRAKE light come on together than go off together. I have a noise coming from where the rear heat and a/c are when I turn stuff on like blinkers. I had a rear wiper issue so I took the wiper off. Its a life long rust free Yukon from Texas that only has 165k on it. I removed all the seats and pulled up all the carpet and plastic to see if it might be a flood truck but it is very clean with no sign of water damage. The truck runs great and is fun to work on because of how clean everything is just a few electrical gremlins to figure out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE