2/3 Drop with 305/35/24 on 04 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

czargee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm thinking about getting a Mcgaughy's drop kit for my Yukon. I currently have 305/35/24 rubber on my ride.

Anyone else with this set up and a 2/3 drop? If so, is rubbing pretty severe? Will this drop work?

Thanks in advance!

J-Will

#Merica
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm thinking about getting a Mcgaughy's drop kit for my Yukon. I currently have 305/35/24 rubber on my ride.

Anyone else with this set up and a 2/3 drop? If so, is rubbing pretty severe? Will this drop work?

Thanks in advance!

it works, and its not hard. i have the exact same drop and tire size on my denali. it rubs the plastic on both sides of the front tires (firewall, and towards front end) and a little out back as well. drive it for a couple days. itll start to show where its rubbing, get up in there and cut out the plastic. no biggie. post pics when youre done :)

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it works, and its not hard. i have the exact same drop and tire size on my denali. it rubs the plastic on both sides of the front tires (firewall, and towards front end) and a little out back as well. drive it for a couple days. itll start to show where its rubbing, get up in there and cut out the plastic. no biggie. post pics when youre done :)

IMO yours looks more like a 3/5 then a 2/3..you are lower then my technical 3/5..looks good as hell though

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

Thanks in advance!

We all have a problem with leaving an important issue out when asking(or answering) these questions, and that is "depends on wheel offset".

I did a 3/5 (granted on a 295/35) but only rubbed on SUPER hard (80%+) turns and the back touched when taking long sweeping turns like getting on or off a high speed off ramp.

SSmurdered

i know u see me
Reaction score
my 2/4 drop on 26s barelly rubs at all. i took the bottom portion of the rear inner fenders out, so the back doesnt rub at all. the front i needed to cut parts out of the plastic liners, and moved my washer fluid bottle. but it was all simple stuff and just plastic so you should be good as gravy

J-Will

#Merica
Reaction score
IMO yours looks more like a 3/5 then a 2/3..you are lower then my technical 3/5..looks good as hell though

really? idk. my driver side sits lower than my pass side. i guessed because of the gas tank? my buddy here in town has the same drop and his is the same. its honestly not low enough for me in the rear. i just tore the shit out of my pass front tire yesterday. i cut out the plastics because of the rubbing and there is an angled piece of metal on both sides of the truck, i guess i turned too hard and it acted as a knive, sliced off the tread on the outside of the wheel. NOT happy. now i have to basically do a mini tub on my damn truck.

SSmurdered how hard was it to move the washer bottle? mines rubbing there too..
sorry for the thread jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84