2"-3" bell tech question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know most of you guys are dealing with Tahoes, Yukons - Do the Suburbans and XLs respond differently to these kits in terms of using the spacer or not? I understand not using the spacer in the shorter body style, but with the extra weight of the longer trucks, would you require the spacer to keep the rear from being too low?

My '07 Burbn with the spacer sits: Fr 33 7/8", Rr 34 7/8" with links at 3" (compressor comes on each start); When I had the Belltech links adjusted as short as possible, the Rear sits at about 34 1/2" (compressor comes on at each start).

On a side note: the addition of Tony's rear kit to the Belltech set-up is like night and day in terms of the ride and handling!

Mark

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No air ride here but having spoken to a couple guys I think the XLs react the same to the spring pad.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a side note: the addition of Tony's rear kit to the Belltech set-up is like night and day in terms of the ride and handling!

You talking about the relocation brackets for the rear sway bar, and the new shorter end links? If so, please tell me more about it. I'm thinking I want to add this to my truck. How was the install? What about the ride got better? More info, please! Thanks!

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Hey, thanks! You obviously have good taste. ;)

Great minds think alike...

Can i ask you on your ride right now?

I have the front dropped 2 on the front w the spindles and 4in? that is w no spacer in the rear...

my ride feels a little stiffer, but not to bad....

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You talking about the relocation brackets for the rear sway bar, and the new shorter end links? If so, please tell me more about it. I'm thinking I want to add this to my truck. How was the install? What about the ride got better? More info, please! Thanks!

Yes KM, I was referring to the DJM brackets,Links, and shock extensions. I did not do the actual install, but my mechanic said the only tough part of the install was lining up the bolt holes (he had to strap the axle to pull it forward a little to get them to line up). As far as the ride, it just seems smoother. I had a minor vibration when I would accelerate through 55mph; that is largely gone now. I had previously added Eibach sways front and rear - now with the shorter endlinks, it actually feels like the rear bar is doing something! Cornering is vastly improved (especially noticeable when exiting freeway; around town, the truck simply doesn't seem to lean as much or push in corners). I would definitely recommend the rear kit!

My only concern with my ride now is that, with the spacer in and Belltech links as short as they go (I think that's about 2.75" center-t-center), the rear seems a bit "softer" than I'd like. Changing the links from 3" to the shorter length appears to have lowered the rear from 34 7/8" to 34 1/2", which I'm happy with, just not to sure about the ride being less firm in back??

If I knew that I could take the spacer out, set the links to 3" and keep the 34 1/2" height, that 'd be my next "to-do".

Mark

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes KM, I was referring to the DJM brackets,Links, and shock extensions. I did not do the actual install, but my mechanic said the only tough part of the install was lining up the bolt holes (he had to strap the axle to pull it forward a little to get them to line up). As far as the ride, it just seems smoother. I had a minor vibration when I would accelerate through 55mph; that is largely gone now. I had previously added Eibach sways front and rear - now with the shorter endlinks, it actually feels like the rear bar is doing something! Cornering is vastly improved (especially noticeable when exiting freeway; around town, the truck simply doesn't seem to lean as much or push in corners). I would definitely recommend the rear kit!

My only concern with my ride now is that, with the spacer in and Belltech links as short as they go (I think that's about 2.75" center-t-center), the rear seems a bit "softer" than I'd like. Changing the links from 3" to the shorter length appears to have lowered the rear from 34 7/8" to 34 1/2", which I'm happy with, just not to sure about the ride being less firm in back??

If I knew that I could take the spacer out, set the links to 3" and keep the 34 1/2" height, that 'd be my next "to-do".

Mark

This is what ive been tellin people look at the rear swaybar angle and pinion and if you read up on the write up on my escalade it helps. By far the set up I have in my escalade corners the best on any truck ive been in on the 07 up models.

also when you do the kit its pretty easy if you just jack at the front end of the diff which turns the axle up and inturn the lower mounts go right in.

dont use the spacers i never do on any truck ive done including my own on the autoride trucks.

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This guys, is why Tony's the man! Not only does he sell the products, and entertain endless (an sometimes repetetive questions), but he also monitors the boards and offers his suggestions/expertise on issues we are having. I will definitely be buying my future upgrades from him.

Mark

OP
OP
2011Tahoe

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well be waiting...post some when you get it...

Did your ride get a little sportier? i feel like mine is slightly stiffer, but dont mind it...

Hey bud, i will try and get some pics as soon as possible, and take some measurements. As far as the ride goes it seemed better but its my wifes DD so i really am not sure. I will figure all this out and let ya know over the next few days.

Vigh_J

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading through this thread it seems like this is the way i want to go, just a couple questions...

Are you guys running the stock 285/45/22 tires with this kit?

Is there any rubbing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman