2"-3" bell tech question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need Help guys 2"-3" bell tech done (not happy)

So tomorrow I am going to be lowering the tahoe using the Bell-Tech 2" front 3-4" rear kit. I am curious as to how many inches I should have from center to center for the air-ride links using the spacer and only going down 3"? I have heard that with out using the spacer and going 4" it should be 3" but with it???

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So tomorrow I am going to be lowering the tahoe using the Bell-Tech 2" front 3-4" rear kit. I am curious as to how many inches I should have from center to center for the air-ride links using the spacer and only going down 3"? I have heard that with out using the spacer and going 4" it should be 3" but with it???

put in spindles
put in rear springs WITH NO SPACER
set autoride links 3 inches from center to center and done

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Take pics of the process...might help people out that plan to lower in the future [me]

:)

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't tried Tony's no-spacer option yet. With the spacer, I recommend you set the links to 2-1/2" to 2-/34".

Tony, you used to recommend the spacer stay in; and when someone wanted to remove the spacer, you said it required cutting the bump stop brackets off. That's clearly not what you're recommending now. Did your experience with your Escalade change your mind on this?

OP
OP
2011Tahoe

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KMELONEY- is thay what yours is set at? I really like the way yours looks.
NORCALSS- So if i was to do it the way recommend. Would it only lower the rear 3" because i dont want to go lower than that.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jimmy -- Yes, that's the way mine is now.

I think the ride would be too firm for me without that spacer and the autoride airing up the truck with the links set at 3", but I haven't tried it, so I don't know for sure.

OP
OP
2011Tahoe

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OK-so we lowerd it today, i was only able to be involved for about 5 min before we got to busy at work and I was no longer able to help my friend. So the front went great, although it seems way lower than i would like, but i am used to lifted trucks and my stock 20's look like balloons on it right now. 275-55-20. My real problem came in the rear, my buddy took the time to un-bolt the auto-ride links and be careful popping them off but when he pulled the stock links out (he said he was careful) but the stock links were way larger than the new, and they wouldnt thread in the upper linkage, it would just pull out, plus they would not push in any closer than 3". I saw for myself. he (i know maybe stupid but) stuck the links in and put apoxy on them. he did not use the spacer and set to 3" on links but it is WAY low and the measurements with air-ride pumped up are 1/2" LOWER on front and almost 1" from LR to RR, Left side sitting lower. He used the shock extensions and the whole kit except spacers. I can tolerate the Right side where it is at but would definitly like the Left side to come up to the same.
I HOPE THIS ISNT TOO CONFUSING OF A READ. SORRY IF IT IS.

AIRED UP
LF 33 3/4" RF 34 1/4"

LR 34 7/8" RR 35 5/8"

What do i need to do fellas??? (Besides have Tony come install next time) haha

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
truck is not aligned yet correct?

If its not then dont worry about any of that yet. and these trucks sit lower on drivers side rear from factory

OP
OP
2011Tahoe

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here it is after? I am not sure if I am even feeling the right side. I am putting my new 22"s on Friday for sure to figure out if I want to go back to stock or what? unless i can get the left side squared up to the right.

Attachments

• 2012-03-14_16-25-06_990.jpg
    2012-03-14_16-25-06_990.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 104

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076