Fluid leak diagnosis help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve been on the fence about a dry filter. I like this one since it’s high-flow but between the better cleaning and lack of oil from a dry one I might make the switch. This one is supposedly lifetime, and has been on since well before I’ve had the truck. Any brand recommendation?
afe makes a dry filter that fits the oem box

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve been on the fence about a dry filter. I like this one since it’s high-flow but between the better cleaning and lack of oil from a dry one I might make the switch. This one is supposedly lifetime, and has been on since well before I’ve had the truck. Any brand recommendation?
I bought my airaid kit, and I believe it came with a K&N, or AEM. I bought an AEM as a backup / replacement. Those are both good brands.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A good dry filter will be just as high flow as the oil filter, AND have a much better small particle filtration. The mentioned brands above are good, and a Wix filter is good, as well. I changed from an oil filter to a Wix dry filter, after doing some research on the oil filters and their propensity to pass small particles into the motor intake (as well as messing up the MAF).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar