1998 Yukon/Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty of common failures on these, all fixable but it's gotten expensive to fix some of them. AC repair is usually the compressor, so it's not just shoot a little freon in. As already posted lower intake gaskets, usually an antifreeze leak at the corners. Injectors and fuel pumps are common failures. Your brake and fuel lines will rust and need replacing. The radiators are prone to cracking at the plastic tank. Inner and outer door handles will break. front suspension items wear so it's important to check them especially control arm bushings.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I changed a mechanical fuel pump, on a small block Chevy, in a 4x4 1974 pickup, in the Chiefs parking lot on a Monday after my truck would not start after a home game. Had to come back the next day in about the same temp and a friend of mine, Matt, helped with moral support and handing tools. My girl at the time drove us and stayed in the heated truck and watched. I drove it home and got so drunk, I really don't remember the rest of that day. I took off work on Monday to do the pump and was hung over on Tuesday. I know one thing though, hung over when is cold is not near as bad as hung over in the heat and humidity of KC, Mo.

OP
OP
W

way wayne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol thats awesome its good for young men to know skills like these what made you realize the gasket was hooped are there antifreez puddles or anything like that
It was a catastrophic failure. They were on their way to youth group one night and put out a fog screen out the back and lost heat in the cab.

My dad's 1997 C1500 showed signs by having antifreeze puddle under his truck. Had his replaced a few years earlier than my son's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401