1998 Tahoe info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXbarney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I posted last week as a new member.......
I am helping a neighbor dispose of their sons 1998 Tahoe Sport 4 wd and it appears to have lots of desirable options.
Since I cannot post it for sale until I have 200 posts and been a member 180 days the thing you can help me with is it value
I have looked on bring a trailer, the big auction results and other sales sites and the value is all over the place.
Here are some of the facts to help you give me advise.
It is black with grey leather interior (front seat cushions need replaced)
mileage shown is 171,807 but the father says he knows the engine and transmission have been rebuilt.
(we are looking for receipts/documentation on repairs and upgrades)
I have a complete list of the factory options but have been unable to attach them with this post (my computer ignorance)
From what I have found, the "Sport" package included some of the options on the list.
Here are some of the options..... C60, DK6, F60, G80, KNP, K34, NRQ, NY1, NZZ, VR4, Z71, Z82,
Maybe I can figure out how to show the entire list. We are in central Texas and the vehicle is rust free.

OP
OP
T

TXbarney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is the service parts label ........ I have it decoded but cannot figure out how to attach here.
I figured out how to attach photos so here are two of the 1998 Tahoe

Attachments

• tahoe SPL.jpg
    tahoe SPL.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 11
  • steve tahoe side.jpg
    steve tahoe side.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Blazer.jpg
    Blazer.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and for helping the father.

BAT gives you pretty much unlimited pics count and the auction lasts 7 days. You can set a reserve and if not met, the sale/auction is cancelled. If you do it at BAT, make sure is cleaned up, top to bottom and freely share any imperfections. These rigs go for decent money on BAT. If you supply pics, the fee is $99 and if they send out a photographer, it is $399. The buyer pays all other fees.

If you post at CL or FB, you can get a buyer but you also get the a-holes. I know, I am trying to sell a 65 Mustang for an American Legion friend right now at CL and FB. If interior is in good shape and all dash controls work and all functions of the vehicle work, it should bring a decent price at BAT. The buyers tend to be good because they want to be able to buy again at the site. If you misrepresent the vehicle, the buyer can back out and give you a bad review at BAT.

I would think a no rust vehicle would bring a nice $ value. Some members here may contact you.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has it been wrecked? Front grille is aftermarket (the emblems don’t sit the same on those) and the bumper is from a diesel truck. At a glance, it’s a $7-9k truck depending on the mechanicals, interior, dash cracks, cosmetics, etc. if you go the local sale route and deal with the “but Kelly Blue Book says” type of crowd.

Those bringatrailer Tahoes went pretty high for a while there and seem to be up and down a bit now. If you have the time to put into it, that’s probably worth looking at. I’d probably put a black bumper back on it in that case and maybe source a set of the correct rims if you can get a good deal on them. Stock appearance usually gets the best return.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking truck. I'd be interested, just wish it had barn doors. Now thar I've owned umpteen newer versions, I hate the rear hatch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts