1996 Yukon with whipple supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yagermj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, first post on the forum. I did a search and found the answer to one of my questions. I just picked up the truck and wanted to do a tune up. I went to pull the spark plugs and noticed that they were the originals(part number wise) after some looking around on the forum I found that they were wrong(what I was thinking) for the truck. So what I have now is and please correct me if I'm wrong. The spark plugs should be one heat level lower then stock, I'm gonna pick up some ac delco cr42ts. The. Other question is in regards to the gap. After poking around on the web I have found a few sites recommend a gap between .032 and .035 would this be correct. The truck currently has the supercharger ( no intercooler) is cat less and has a low restriction exhaust plus a cold air intake( I'm gonna assume it was part of the supercharger kit)

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Welcome dude I don't know whatsize it is but lemmi try n get sc to come on here n help

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
:welcome:

I don't know exact number number of a colder ac delco but in autollite 105 is one step colder than the 605 which is number equivelant to a stock acdelco 41-993 and is an excellent replacement. I believe whipple wanted a 0.035 new gap compared to the stock 0.060 but call them tomorrow to be be sure. If you use plain copper core for autolite the part number is just the number. For the propper platinum it would be APP105 for a colder comparable platinum. Whiple will steer you in right direction. (559) 442-1261

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

BTW we want pics of setup ASAP.

OP
OP
Y

Yagermj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for your help guys, I'm at work now but I'll try to get some pictures up. It's all black with a caddy clip and all body panels plus rear bumper,3 inch body lift , 33's on 16 inch black mt rims.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Plus the headers and exhaust lol

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...The spark plugs should be one heat level lower then stock, I'm gonna pick up some ac delco cr42ts. The. Other question is in regards to the gap. After poking around on the web I have found a few sites recommend a gap between .032 and .035 would this be correct....

Welcome. I too would like to see pics!

I've recently tried the R42TS plugs and they didn't work too well. It was pointed out to me that they are too short (pics HERE). It was also pointed out to me that I needed;
Originally Posted by steamroller
R= resistor
43= heat range
L= long
TS= tapered seat
6= gap (.060)

14mm thread, .708 reach, 5/8 hex for BOTH plugs. Exactly the same as the 41-993 (imagine that )

The R42LTS6 fit IF you want a colder heat range plug in a copper core.
I've got some now, but havn't put them in yet...
Who knew that one missing letter 'L' could cause such a fuss?

OP
OP
Y

Yagermj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
fail on my part. the pictures are in photobucket (yagermj2603)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

Yagermj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so help me out what am i doing wrong posting pictures. I uploaded a bunch into a album feel free to help me out posting them lol

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

532a2d29.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

shes dirty but here she is
12f0f7fe.jpg
bb577d08.jpg
d8a26335.jpg
78d070d0.jpg
12d4a48e.jpg

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a nice looking truck. Obviously a lot of TLC went into that rig.

Only thing I might change is the color of that push bar, it sticks out like a sore thumb. Kinda looks abit like a beaver tooth. Might look better painted black? Just my $0.02.

However, you can't argue with forced air. That's king of the road stuff right thar.
I'm so green right now..... :drool:

I'll bet you can't wait to start modding that!
I'd do efans, UD pulleys and a BBtune asap!

:Rock on:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16