17 Yukon 4” ReadyLIFT SST Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Yukon last night after the 4” front , 3” rear ReadyLIFT SST lift install. Was going to wait to post until I could get better pics, but the sun isn’t supposed to come out for the next week plus around here, so good as it’s going to get for now, haha.

Overall I think it turned out good. Geometry of upper control arms look good, front diff is dropped. I think it looks noticeably taller than the 2.5/1 level I had on. Rides same, or I’d even say a bit better, than it did with the level.

Front fender openings measure out to 40” from ground, rear 40-3/4”. This is with 285 55 20 BFG KO2’s (wheels are 20x10 -24 offset by the way).

Upon after hours pick up I had a “steering assist is reduced” message on the gauge cluster display. Used my programmer to clear DTC’s and it cleared. Spent an hour crawling all over it when I got it home. One UCA ball joint won’t take grease, I’ll try replacing the zerk. New front diff skid plate actually tucked up under the plastic gravel guard, so no major cutting there, looks clean. On the rear I noticed the upper rubber coil spring isolators weren’t reused, the bump stop extensions weren’t installed, the diff to brake line spacer wasn’t installed, and the shock extension brackets were mounted on the bottom of the shocks instead of top. Shop had various reasons why they did what they did, don’t think they’re used to a customer who read the instructions front to back more than once, but in my career attention to technical details is important so I can’t help it. Will get that all worked out.

Now I have to resist going up to 305 55 20’s since my 285’s are new...

Onto the pics!

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the look is spot on...

i would consider a taller vs wider tire when needed. personally, our 285 on a 22" wheel pulls more ruts that any vehicle i have ever owned, even the ones on 40" tires.

any chance of getting a front suspension pick with arms at full droop ? feel free to say no or take your time, it is just a wish.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing all the detailed photos, it’s nice to see how all the components fit and the angles.

It’s unfortunate how hard it is to find a shop that does reliable work. That’s why I do my own, and I’m fortunate to have the time and tools. When you watch the install vids, even the ones presented by manufacturers, you’ll never see a torque wrench. Just guys banging away with impact guns tightening suspension parts. :893Chainsaw-Smilie-

OP
OP
nick14226

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the look is spot on...

i would consider a taller vs wider tire when needed. personally, our 285 on a 22" wheel pulls more ruts that any vehicle i have ever owned, even the ones on 40" tires.

any chance of getting a front suspension pick with arms at full droop ? feel free to say no or take your time, it is just a wish.
Good point on ruts, I've noticed that. And the narrower tire is better in the winter, before I knew better I ran 325's on the snow/slush/ice, slip sliding my way through the season.
No problem on the droop pic, when I'm messing around with the zerk this weekend I'll throw the floor jack under the frame.

OP
OP
nick14226

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing all the detailed photos, it’s nice to see how all the components fit and the angles.

It’s unfortunate how hard it is to find a shop that does reliable work. That’s why I do my own, and I’m fortunate to have the time and tools. When you watch the install vids, even the ones presented by manufacturers, you’ll never see a torque wrench. Just guys banging away with impact guns tightening suspension parts. :893Chainsaw-Smilie-
You're welcome, glad it's helpful. I can sneak out to the garage for the 2 hour jobs, but getting into 7 hours plus an alignment, I begrudgingly outsourced the labor. I own a 3/8" and 1/2" torque wrench and use both whenever I have a spec and they'll fit. I could tell you I know what 25 ft/lbs feels like with a ratchet, but I'll bet I'd be 10 ft/lbs off when you check it LOL