'16 Yukon XL SLE front bench w/console squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911jason

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have the 9-seat version with benches in all three rows. The middle seat in the front row folds down to a pretty decent sized console that looks quite similar to the regular bench seat console. The problem I have is the driver's side arm rest on the console lid squeaks terribly whenever I rest my arm on it. The dealer kind of brushed it off, but it's very frustrating. Is this something I can push them to change, or something I might be able to fix myself somehow? It sounds like something inside the lid broke somehow.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try some silicone spray or if it is still under warranty you could try another GM Dealer. You could also contact GM customer service and maybe they could put some pressure on the Dealer. When the Dealer starts the crap like you stated then I insist that the service manager goes for a ride with me and point out exactly what the issue is. If he still gives you a hard time then insist that you take another like vehicle for a test drive and see if that vehicle does the same thing which you know it won'i. Good luck.

OP
OP
911jason

911jason

Reaction score
I wouldn't know where to spray. It's as if the supporting structure inside the lid of the console has broken down somehow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts