Console inter-change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O3YUKONXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why JL stealth box lists as won't fit in 2004 Yukon denali? Need to relocate it from my 2003 SLT. Over all dimensions seem same.. side panels of the denali one do have carpet on bottom half. ?? Option 1 would be to swap entire console. If wood trim besel fits as well as, lid arm rest. ( know I also need to relocate 2nd row seat heat switch). Or, Happy to modify original more to make it work and willing to lose things like 6 disc and ash tray slots, hopefully trade "slots or compartments" from 03. = more useful storage/better cup holders.

OP
OP
O3YUKONXL

O3YUKONXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I do not have them both here together, or I could likely tell easily.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do both trucks have the same radio option?
Is it possible one trim level has Bose amplifier and the other does not?

OP
OP
O3YUKONXL

O3YUKONXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, maybe ?? Surprised if that was the difference. My 03 SLT came with Bose system. Just bought 04 denali with a Kenwood DD installed. Assumed all denali s came with complete Bose too.
SLT had 6 disc combo in main deck, denali has separate 6 pack lower. Only diff I knew.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the RPO build code sticker in the glove box...

Bose has UQ7 code on the sticker.

UQ7 = SPEAKER SYSTEM, PREMIUM PERFORMANCE, ENHANCED AUDIO, BOSE

If the code is not there, then the console guts might be different because the Bose amplifier was stuffed under the console.

OP
OP
O3YUKONXL

O3YUKONXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks will double check that. I thought you either had Bose or not. BTW in my 03, I retained that factory Amp in its original mount... just ripped out bose mini sub enclosure and shaved inner plastic here n there for extra nice tight fit.

Thekidandy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this same question after picking up a cheap stealthbox for my Denali, and happened to have a spare escalade console lying around as well. I did some cutting on it per the factory stealthbox instructions and discovered the issue largely lies in the cupholder design on the Denali and Escalade models. The stealthbox can be made to fit beneath the console as it would on a standard Silverado, but the lower sweeping top trim of a Denali cupholder piece will not snap down all the way. You will also have to cut out most of the structure that holds the cd changer assembly.20220205_223226.jpg20220205_220353.jpg20220205_220557.jpg

Here are a few install photos I found from a Silverado install. Lots more room height wise between stealthbox and cupholders.Gkbc4HN.jpghRGlIa6.jpg

OP
OP
O3YUKONXL

O3YUKONXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Thanks. Couldn't be a more clear answer, even pics. Exactly what I needed. Now begin process of piecing slt console into denali. I like slots and cubbies better than scratched lids in denali/ caddy. Did not expect that nearly all '100' pieces of each console were different between models.

OP
OP
O3YUKONXL

O3YUKONXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, because the denali version is new to me, wondering what these 2 differences are? 1. Tiny round speaker grill.? 2. Upright plastic piller (guessing it hides a harness) 16628429256891290833785379493357.jpg

Last edited: