New/Old Tahoe from Cali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Down8

Reaction score
Got a Tahoe about a month ago. Really, really wanted an Avalanche, but couldn't find a nice one in the area & ran across a good deal on this. 2007 Chevy Tahoe LT 4WD; Graystone Metallic + Titanium leather, 2nd row bench, 3rd row, DVD, etc. (Temp plate, so no worries. ;)) Not my first GM Full Size, not my first GM SUV. But it is my first full size GM SUV (excluding my K5, which I never got a chance to really use/drive).

This is day one, as purchased:
PXL_20231013_234250559 (Medium).jpg

Done so far:
Replaced headlamps
Replaced/added air dam
Replaced driver's lower foam/leather
New Pirelli's (275/60R20 Scorpion ATR)
Replaced/added proper yellow/flex fuel gas cap
Added 2nd battery (w/kit)
Re-painted front wiper arms, new blades
New rear wiper arm/blade
Replaced steering wheel trim w/brushed aluminum style
Added wireless phone charger to center console
Cabin air filter retrofit
Removed wide body side moldings
Hit all the plastics with Ultimate Black
EDIT: almost forgot...
DiabloSport inTune i3 => changed tires, removed AFM, 87 octane tune
Replaced broken rear hatch pull handle
Replaced broken rear glass button
Added new key+fob

Planned:
2" strut lift (tomorrow) => eventually something large enough to stuff 34-35s
Buff out ugliness left from removing BSM
Add slimmer BSM (purchased and waiting...)
DL3 mirror swap
New headunit w/wireless Android Auto
Painted Z71-style fender flares
Painted hitch cover
Lighted Bowtie? Maybe color-matched?
Roof rack cross bars
Cargo area cover
Tint?

Anyway, this looked like a fair place to look for answers/ideas, so I'm here now. I'll drop a new picture, with all the work I've done, once I get the lift on.

-bZj

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Down8

Reaction score
Appreciate the welcomes, fellas (...and ladies?, you never know...).

Here is a picture from just now, after the 2" front leveling lower strut spacer:
PXL_20231115_220209236 (Large).jpg
It's coming along. EDIT: 38" fender-to-ground, all 4 corners.

I'm putting together a complete suspension rebuild "wish list" right now, and will probably start a thread asking for anything I've missed over in the 4x4 section. Found a ripped CV boot when adding the leveling spacer, and I already knew I needed shocks, so....

This coming weekend will get new body side moldings applied. Here they are, showing how great the paint match is, and the comparison to stock/large BSMs (you can see the outline; I got these, from Amazon). These NNBS trucks are so slab-sided, they need something to break up all that sheet metal (which seems thinner than my NBS, thus needing more protection).
PXL_20231115_205034555 (Medium).jpg

PXL_20231115_205059008.MP (Medium).jpg

Once I clean/buff the paint where the old BSM were, I'll decide on pulling the TAHOE letters off. I actually kind of like the [GM], so we'll see if that survives.

I generally snap pics as I do stuff, so I'll start a build thread... at some point.

-bZj

Last edited:

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from WI. I picked up an 08 Denali from CA in 2021. Good place to shop, other than the sun faded stuff which you've addressed. I personally think the side mountings look good, just repaint on the truck and call it good. Badging also looks good to me, why make it look like El Cheapo to remove it?

As far as suspension goes, just shop online for OEM stuff and be done with it. Stay away from GMPARTSDIRECT.COM........they totally suck, even if pricing is decent. Find another dealership to work with. OEM works right, the FIRST time.

Nice looking rig. Best of luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts