2018 Yukon SLE Change USB ports to USBC possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erikf555

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

I’m new here and hope someone may have some advice for me!

I have a 2018 Yukon SLE and would like to swap out the 2 stock double USB ports located under the climate control panel and the two under the console lid on the front wall.

Have any of you guys done it? I’d prefer a nice clean install ideally without much cutting if possible.

I appreciate any feedback, tips, parts source, etc.

Thanks !

Erik

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I have not seen a specific USB-C socket in that particular arrangement, but I would guess that it may exist. In the meantime, get yourself a USB to USB-C adapter, and you'll be all set for now.

slupie

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

I’m new here and hope someone may have some advice for me!

I have a 2018 Yukon SLE and would like to swap out the 2 stock double USB ports located under the climate control panel and the two under the console lid on the front wall.

Have any of you guys done it? I’d prefer a nice clean install ideally without much cutting if possible.

I appreciate any feedback, tips, parts source, etc.

Thanks !

Erik
As far as I looked into it, nothing for the 2015-2020 platform. Someone tried the new one in the previous generation but it's larger profile and doesn't fit the opening. https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/usb-c-upgrade.137926/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak