14 LTZ Shutter/shake/ vibration under light throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
Hello all, first post here, I’ve been here awhile tho!

I have a 14 Tahoe LTZ with 101k, I just had the 100k service done, spark plugs/ wires, transfer case and differential, as well as torque converter replaced under warranty due to the shutter/ shake, two different shops confirmed this, that’s way it was done. And I believe they also serviced the rear axle. All work was done by GM dealer. Problem is the issue is still there, at 30MPH and a slight throttle have vibration, let off throttle and no vibration and now there a rattle like metal on metal sound and sounds like a exhaust leak, don’t hear the exhaust “leak” every time but it’s there. Do have a random shake on Hwy about 70-75. Help!

Attachments

• IMG_3080_Original.jpeg
    IMG_3080_Original.jpeg
    424.8 KB · Views: 2

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry you’re dealing with that. Have you gone back to the dealer? None of that should be happening after such a long list of repairs.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have a 14 Tahoe LTZ with 101k, I just had the 100k service done, spark plugs/ wires, transfer case and differential, as well as torque converter replaced under warranty due to the shutter/ shake, two different shops confirmed this, that’s way it was done. And I believe they also serviced the rear axle. All work was done by GM dealer. Problem is the issue is still there, at 30MPH and a slight throttle have vibration, let off throttle and no vibration and now there a rattle like metal on metal sound and sounds like a exhaust leak, don’t hear the exhaust “leak” every time but it’s there. Do have a random shake on Hwy about 70-75. Help!
It would be super helpful for all of us if you could record a video of the rattle, upload it to YouTube and link it back here. My worry is that it could be the flexplate, which is a dangerous grenade if so. Given the recent TC work, it's possible.

Reaction score

You might be dealing with an exhaust leak. This could explain both the noise and the vibration.

But also, worn motor mounts could be a problem. When they wear out, they don't do a good job of absorbing the engine's movements, which can lead to all kinds of shaking and rattling. It's worth checking both of these things if you're having these issues. It's not just annoying—it could lead to bigger problems if you don't fix it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

maybe have the driveline checked/rebalanced

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice looking truck.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

jdwood1111

Reaction score
If the GM dealer did the work, take it back and explain the issues to them. A slight metal rattle could be something as minor as a loose heat shield that they bumped or did not reconnect after the TC repair. Vibration, could that be your AFM kicking in and off and its more pronounced now with the new TC? Random shake on the highway at 70-75 could just be tire balancing. A weight or two could have come off while they were doing some work, etc. as well.

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
Sorry you’re dealing with that. Have you gone back to the dealer? None of that should be happening after such a long list of repairs.
I just picked it up Friday 4/19 from dealer so only had it for two days after repair, called this morning, have to wait till they get a loaner back, because I need one

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
It would be super helpful for all of us if you could record a video of the rattle, upload it to YouTube and link it back here. My worry is that it could be the flexplate, which is a dangerous grenade if so. Given the recent TC work, it's possible.
I will try to get a video of it later when I get home from work

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
You might be dealing with an exhaust leak. This could explain both the noise and the vibration.

But also, worn motor mounts could be a problem. When they wear out, they don't do a good job of absorbing the engine's movements, which can lead to all kinds of shaking and rattling. It's worth checking both of these things if you're having these issues. It's not just annoying—it could lead to bigger problems if you don't fix it.
I know for sure when I bought it last year that one of the motor mounts were replaced, I will check them again tonight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck