10-speed auto trans fluid filler adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MNMINCT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

Getting ready to do a transmission fluid and filter change on my 2018 Tahoe with the 6.2 and 10-speed auto transmission.

Going to be using OEM fluid (so no warranty issues - Dex ULV #19352619).

There is a threaded fill adapter that threads into the bottom of the pan and then lets you attached your pump hose. Anyone know where I could get this adapter or better yet what the part number might be so i could find something online?

Thanks!

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are your plans once it is full and you need to remove the hose ? just over fill slightly and let some leak while you insert the plug ?

i think you should be looking at a side port, or test port location if you dont have a dipstick tube ???

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what are your plans once it is full and you need to remove the hose ? just over fill slightly and let some leak while you insert the plug ?

i think you should be looking at a side port, or test port location if you dont have a dipstick tube ???
Maybe he could install a fumoto type drain valve and use it in reverse?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
possible, but not a great spot for a low hanging drain

OP
OP
MNMINCT

MNMINCT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To fill the automatic transmission you fill it from the bottom of the pan (this is typical for most automatics). The vehicle must be running and transmission fluid need to be around 160 degrees and then you start filling. You fill until the fluid starts to come out of the hole in the pan. So yes, over fill a bit til it comes out then close it up.

So... there is a "tool" for lack of a better word that has threads on one end to thread into the pan and then a tube adapter on the other end that allows you to fit you pump tube to. This is the part I am wanting to purcahse.

Thanks.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:popcorn: Sounds fishy, but I don't have the 10 speed automatic. 6 speed fills from the dipstick I think, at least that's how I did mine.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 6 speed, all 4 speeds and even power glides...

ALL FILL FROM BOTTOM OF PAN...after it runs down the dipstick tube :)

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10 speed is setup like a ford trans. Not shocked since they worked with ford on it. You over fill slightly and remove the hose and thread the plug back in. The threaded nipple fitting should be easily found if its the same as on any other ford trans.

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
Search this P/N: DT-51190 - fluid fill pan adapter

That's the part for the 8spd at least. I find it easier to simply pop out the fill bunk on the passenger side and fill. Then use the drain plug to check/set the level. The drain has a stand-pipe in it so if you're in the proper operating range required for fluid check let it drain until it starts dripping then put in the plug. I'm not sure on the 10spd, but for the 8spd in my Denali the correct range to check fluid is between 95-113F. And... because you have thermal bypass (trans thermostat) it doesn't engage until 194 so technically they say to get the trans temp above that so the bypass opens and circulates fluid through the cooler lines and then let it cool back down to that check range of 95-113F. I've done it a few times now and it's pretty easy.
Again, this is for the 8spd... might want to confirm the ranges for the 10spd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e