1.5 level vs 2.5/1 level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Based on what I've read so far, the tire height and width will limit the lift/level? Is that why spacers come in to play?

Also - will leveling the front alone provide any extra clearance on the rear?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on what I've read so far, the tire height and width will limit the lift/level? Is that why spacers come in to play?

Also - will leveling the front alone provide any extra clearance on the rear?

Lift/level will limit tire size. For example if you only level the front of the truck to be semi-even with rear, usually its a 1.5” spacer either under or over the front strut, you will be able to fit a larger tire on existing rim or larger rim/tire combo without rubbing inside of fender wells, sway bar, lower egde of front bumper, etc. Wheel spacers will push the wheels out further so you will be able to put a wider, not so much taller, wheel combo on and minimize rubbing on the inside of fender well but, will cause more rubbing on the front of bumper/nose....

As for the rear, no, leveling the front will not provide extra clearance in the rear.

This all being said it depends what size rims/tires you are running now. The same truck from the factory came with multiple tire/rim combos, how lax your suspension is, over time/mileage, prior driving conditions, springs tend to sag so the same truck that has bigger tires/rims that do not rub may rub on your truck or vice versa.

Hope this helps

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I want to verify where one measures to determine if the truck is level. I believe that an earlier comment in this thread said that the measurement is taken from the ground to the underside of outside fender over the tire, and the measurement is taken vertically, with the measurement line passing through the center of the wheel hub.

Is this correct?

I am starting to think about larger tires and any associated lift/leveling to accomplish this on my 2007 Yukon XL Denali, and I want to make sure that I start to learn to proper terms and measurement starting points.

Thanks in advance.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I want to verify where one measures to determine if the truck is level. I believe that an earlier comment in this thread said that the measurement is taken from the ground to the underside of outside fender over the tire, and the measurement is taken vertically, with the measurement line passing through the center of the wheel hub.

Is this correct?

I am starting to think about larger tires and any associated lift/leveling to accomplish this on my 2007 Yukon XL Denali, and I want to make sure that I start to learn to proper terms and measurement starting points.

Thanks in advance.

That is correct.

Some guys measure from the center of the hub/wheel to the fender lip to avoid differences from uneven ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9