Front level kit results; 2.5, 1.5 and 1 inch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snblinn

Reaction score
I tend to overthink things. I hope this will help someone in the future.

My vehicle;
2015 Suburban LTZ, MAG-ride, auto-level rear, MAX-tow, aluminum upper and lower control arms.

My Suburban was very low in the front. I would scrape curbs and parking blocks with my lower valence, I wanted to raise it just a little for clearance and to make it level.

I found various ways to achieve the front lift/level. Upper strut adaptors, which bolt to your strut using existing mounting studs and have secondary strut mounting studs. Upper strut spacer, which slide over existing strut mount studs. And lower strut spacers.

I wouldn't use any upper strut bracket less than 1-5/8 inch thick. The strut mounting studs are 1-1/2 inches long and this covers the studs with no need to cut them. You can go with a thinner upper bracket, but you will need to cut the studs for them to be flush with the top of the thinner bracket. You will also need to "clock" the strut 180* because the spacer studs can't be in the same place as the strut studs.

Based on my reading and research the following formula seems to be correct; spacer thickness x 2 = increase in height (level amount).

I used MotoFab level kits, they tend to be thicker than other brands for the same stated lift. Therefore you will get more height, I found this out later and it was not my intention.

2.5" Upper bracket
Bracket thickness: 1-5/8 inches
Stated lift: 2-1/2 inches
Actual lift: 3-1/4 inches

1.5" Lower Bracket
Bracket thickness: 7/8 inches
Stated lift: 1-1/2 inches
Actual lift: 1-3/4 inches

1" Lower Bracket
Bracket thickness: 5/8 inch
Stated lift: 1 inch
Actual lift: 1-1/4 inches

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snblinn

Snblinn

Reaction score
Stock1.jpg
Stock stance.

2.5 upper side.jpg
2.5 in upper (3.25 in measured)

1.5 lower and .25 upper.jpg
1.5 in lower w/ .25 upper spacer (2.25 in measured)

I may change the lower to the 1 inch, but I'll live with it for awhile.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rather than posting my own thread why not ask here. I'm thinking a spacer that goes on top of the strut assembly would be stronger than a bottom block spacer which seems to introduce a bit of leverage in between the strut mounting point and the lower control arm, which seems like not such of a good thing at all on a front end steer axle.

Is your Suburban a 2wd truck? The gaps between fender and tire seem quite small in stock form from what I am accustomed to seeing. I'm not sure if the 2wd trucks had a lower stance but it is possible.

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the lower type spacers for the front shock. 1 1/2" Rough Country. it looks level to me. and with the addition af the Bilstein 5100s i got that last inch i wanted to see. 2.5in total lift. i like the 2nd pic. That looks "right" to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts