1/2"-1" front level - what to get and any issues for a 2017 Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJMBLAZER

Reaction score
My wife's 2017 Yukon will be needing shocks and struts soon. Going to upgrade to Bilstein HD's and thinking about raising the front just a touch while I'm in there. It's her DD and the family transport so no reason to put much bigger tires or deal with steering/drivetrain parts issues from a taller level but I wouldn't mind if it didn't scrub the air dam on curbs when you pull into a parking space.

I had a 2011 Silverado 1500 before and now have a 2019 Silverado 1500 so I've gone from "leveling can affect your down travel because you're always on your bump stops" to "the factory parts can accommodate a level because they're the same as a Trail Boss." However the generation of trucks/SUV's in between I'm unsure of due to no experience with them.

Any potential issues? Any particular brands or styles of leveling kits to get? Top/bottom/whatever?

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you dont want the full level from say a Rough Country 2" spacer you could get this one off ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-Fron...:qe8AAOSw-URZuGXD:sc:USPSPriority!19810!US!-1

probably will fit your needs. easy to install. The 2" spacer is pretty much spot on level with the rear. I have it on both my tahoes and have no complaints with drivability, honestly didn't even tell a difference after install. Just get an alignment to check everything no matter what you do, even the new shocks may tweak it a bit. Will probably ride a little better and higher anyways after the new shocks are installed.

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man.

Any issues with CV shaft clearance?

Have had no issues with CVs in almost 10K miles on the 2019, its my wife's daily driver and our neighborhood has about 15 massive speed humps we go over at least twice a day and no contact or anything.

cireallin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at the spacers from Suspension MAXX? I run those on my Tahoe and I am about to put them on a new Yukon. Never had any issues with them. I did 2.5" up front and 1" in the rear.

cireallin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you dont want the full level from say a Rough Country 2" spacer you could get this one off ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-Fron...:qe8AAOSw-URZuGXD:sc:USPSPriority!19810!US!-1

probably will fit your needs. easy to install. The 2" spacer is pretty much spot on level with the rear. I have it on both my tahoes and have no complaints with drivability, honestly didn't even tell a difference after install. Just get an alignment to check everything no matter what you do, even the new shocks may tweak it a bit. Will probably ride a little better and higher anyways after the new shocks are installed.
What shocks are you running now? I've been looking at moving to Bilsteins now that the factory ones are starting to have some miles on them.

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What shocks are you running now? I've been looking at moving to Bilsteins now that the factory ones are starting to have some miles on them.
I am still on factory shocks. 40K miles. Will see how it handles on the beach this spring and see what I will do from there.

cireallin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still on factory shocks. 40K miles. Will see how it handles on the beach this spring and see what I will do from there.
Nice, can't wait to get on the sand soon with mine in NC.

sncourtesy

Reaction score
I put a 1.5 level on the front of my 2wd Yukon and I think it looks perfect..Gives you a little more lift..Im running a 305/45/22 tire...Love the look..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j