1" or 1.5" Front Level 2017 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MobileHomie

Reaction score
It has come to my attention that one of the Magnaride shocks on my Yukon, is leaking which provides me the opportunity to level the rig. I am not trying to make a bro-dozer/crawler, just lift the front a little and maybe one size larger for the tires. (Will that require a ECU program?) What options are out there to maintain the Magnaride or has that feature proven to be problematic.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SuspensionMaxx offers a magneride compatible leveling kit that many TYForum members have installed.
Offers height adjustability AND provides MRC brackets, if you want to keep the magneride.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
It has come to my attention that one of the Magnaride shocks on my Yukon, is leaking which provides me the opportunity to level the rig. I am not trying to make a bro-dozer/crawler, just lift the front a little and maybe one size larger for the tires. (Will that require a ECU program?) What options are out there to maintain the Magnaride or has that feature proven to be problematic.
Mostly problematic I would either swap to bilsteins or if you got the money go with a set of fox king or icon coil overs over the leveling kit.
The coil overs will make it ride better and handle smoother and paired with some nice upper control arms the ride quality will be night and day!

OP
OP
M

MobileHomie

Reaction score
Mostly problematic I would either swap to bilsteins or if you got the money go with a set of fox king or icon coil overs over the leveling kit.
The coil overs will make it ride better and handle smoother and paired with some nice upper control arms the ride quality will be night and day!
So the coil overs are a direct replacement for the oem magnaride and springs? Are the coil overs adjustable? I really only want 1" to 1.5"
I was checkng the Fox product on Summit Racing's site and they did not specifically say adjustable height.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
So the coil overs are a direct replacement for the oem magnaride and springs? Are the coil overs adjustable? I really only want 1" to 1.5"
I was checkng the Fox product on Summit Racing's site and they did not specifically say adjustable height.
Yes there’s a adjustable collar on top that you tighten or loosen to set the preload on the spring which lifts or lowers and stiffens/softens the ride
You’ll have to get the dummy resisters to plug into your magnaride sensors in your wheel well to trick the system so you don’t have dash lights coming on but I just unplugged mine because I don’t care about the light coming on.

40Rouge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If your mag shocks are failing, I'd give hard consideration going with an aftermarket option.

If you do decide to go back to OEM mag shocks, I can say that the leveling kits from Suspension Maxx are great. I have the 1.5 front level on my 18 Denali. While the wheel well gaps are level, it does give the Yukon the appearance of a being slightly nose-up due to the design of the body lines. A 1 inch level would still leave a little bit of forward rake in the wheel wells, but the body lines of the truck itself would be more parallel to the road.

It's very nitpicky, but enough for someone that can be OCD with cars.

OP
OP
M

MobileHomie

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the input, I will probably go with the Fox coil overs.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there’s a adjustable collar on top that you tighten or loosen to set the preload on the spring which lifts or lowers and stiffens/softens the ride
You’ll have to get the dummy resisters to plug into your magnaride sensors in your wheel well to trick the system so you don’t have dash lights coming on but I just unplugged mine because I don’t care about the light coming on.

With the light on, at least with my wifes ‘16 denali, the vehicle is limited to a certain speed. Dont remember what it was, but some like 85 or so. Quite a pain in the ass at times!

Should be 1.5-2” out the box and you can loosen the collar to lower even more if wanted or needed View attachment 397404

The fox 2.0 units i put in a ‘16 denali netted 3” or more out of the box. Had to crank them down quite a bit to get to my desired 1.5”.

OP
OP
M

MobileHomie

Reaction score
I did go with the Fox coil over replacements.
Removed the wheel and inner wheel well.
This was a very straight forward install. The only thing I had trouble with was getting the new shocks into position, I could not pry the lower control arm low enough. In my defense, it has been a day or so since I have played with suspensions. A quick youtube search told me to loosen up the sway bar end, that gave the lower control arm enough flex to get the new shocks in.
The new coil overs netted 2.5" lift, way too much for my taste as the picture shows. I did adjust them down to 1.25" total lift which is .25" lower than the rear wheel wells, on my truck anyhow. Adjusting those was a tedious process that started with having to order a spanner wrench.20231111_093611.jpg20231111_093628.jpg20231111_101108.jpg20231111_101115.jpg20231111_121857.jpg