1" or 1.5" Front Level 2017 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last picture.
I need to get pics of how it sits now at 1.25"

Now I need to get the thing aligned. Made an appointment with les schwab and those mega-******* would not do an alignment on "modified suspension" WTF? Those clowns put lifts on everything, company policy man.... Oh well, off the top of my head i have 7 vehicles between my personal and my company trucks, inducing a 10 wheel bobtail, that have schwabby tires on them, they have indeed lost a customer.
20231112_084545.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me!
And it's funny how one bad experience or employee can make you entirely write off the company as a whole. I'm the same way. Had a similar experience ordering "larger than oem" tires through Costco.
Stupid policies like that make no sense. But ultimately that's their job/policy, so I'll go elsewhere.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me!
And it's funny how one bad experience or employee can make you entirely write off the company as a whole. I'm the same way. Had a similar experience ordering "larger than oem" tires through Costco.
Stupid policies like that make no sense. But ultimately that's their job/policy, so I'll go elsewhere.

Ive done that same thing at a discount tire. Byyyyye.

Nice setup mobilehomie!

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day, you should put the coilover spring in spring compressor before you adjust the collar. There is just too much preload on the springs to adjust.

My 2015 had one side that the arms/knuckle drooped enough for shock installs, and the other side does not. Its a pita.

A friends Denali has the same issue. I wonder if it’s a frame thing, or an arm design thing, or how they tighten the lca from the factory where one side is bound and the other isn’t. Swapping in new upper control arms didn’t change anything

I should pull the bolts on the lca before the next alignment just to see if it loosens anything.

Can you post your “center of wheel to fender lip” heights? That way we can all compare what the ride height is and the tire size does not effect it.

Curious to see how much level you are running

OP
OP
M

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fifty, I will try to get hub to top of fenderwell measurement. I should also get pictures of how it sits now. Ground to top of fenderwell is 1/4" lower in the front. Before I started top of fenderwell was 1-1/2" lower than the rear.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would you compare the ride quality to the oem? Did you ever find a place to do your alignment?

I personally couldnt really tell much of a difference. Was kind of difficult to judge though because we were driving around for a bit with blown stock units. But what i could remember from the first 75k miles, the ride/performance really didnt seem to be all that different when changing to the fox units.

OP
OP
M

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would you compare the ride quality to the oem? Did you ever find a place to do your alignment?
I feel like there is a little more body roll and will most likely upgrade the sway bars in the next few months.
All things considered, I would still do the coil overs vs spacer though.

I found an independent shop and am scheduled for this coming friday for an alignment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts