1/2"-1" front level - what to get and any issues for a 2017 Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with Bilstein 5100s. Great ride and can adjust the front up about 1.2”. Third groove on shock body. Will level the truck nicely.

OP
OP
AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER

Reaction score
Dumb question:
Ran across a set of 1/2" top spacers. Any pluses or minuses to top vs bottom spacers?

Just curious as the top spacers were much more expensive (2-3x the cost of similar bottom spacers) and I've only ever seen the one set for sale but legions of bottom spacers.

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with Bilstein 5100s. Great ride and can adjust the front up about 1.2”. Third groove on shock body. Will level the truck nicely.
How does it ride set at this height? Some people say it rides terrible and I just don't see how it couldn't ride good that way?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb question:
Ran across a set of 1/2" top spacers. Any pluses or minuses to top vs bottom spacers?

Just curious as the top spacers were much more expensive (2-3x the cost of similar bottom spacers) and I've only ever seen the one set for sale but legions of bottom spacers.

I asked the same question a long time ago. I never got a compelling answer about the difference, other than cost. I installed the ones on the bottom, I haven't had any issues and will keep them installed until I have to replace the shocks with adjustable ones. A bonus was they were easier to install because you didn't have to access the top of the strut.

OP
OP
AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER

Reaction score
Okay, thanks.

Makes no difference to me as I'll be installing Bilstein HD's when I do it so the strut/mount/coil will be apart any way.