09' Tahoe is Gone.. 10' denali is here..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as much as I thought I liked the Tahoe, I couldn't deal with a few things I became acustomed to driving Caddy's & GMC products... I bought a Storm Gray denali tonight and man was it worth it.. After a few complaints from the wife about the seats being hard (which i thought i was crazy but she confirmed I wasn't..too much) just for sh*ts & giggles I decided to see what my truck could fetch on a trade in..

So I called 4 dealers and three told me KBB.com whatever it is we'll give you. And one said 34-35k.. After checking inventory and only finding 2 of those dealers having trucks i would consider i went to the first one today and talked numbers. Afer 2 hrs of back and forth BS I said here's where i want to be, $679 mo for 72 (paying it off in 4yrs. but like to have the option to cut back for the unknown) no money down. I got the $735 and $2k down and said," thanks but I got other people to see, later." They panicked when i told them i was going to see their old boss who opened up a GMC dealer about a 1/2hr away and kept coming down but stopped at $699 & 2k down. That dealer had a black one loaded, stickered like $59,5xx..

On to delaer #2.. called the owner told him dealer 1 was at $699 w/2k dwn and asked him if i should still come up there. he says not unless you can find another $5k in the deal lol.. so we talked a bit and convincing him my truck shold be at $42k and he should take the holdback (he claimed was 1,700) out we were close enough to talk.. So I call him back na dtell him to get the Storm Gray one ready I'm bringin in the 'Hoe.. $662mo for 72mos $2,050 dwn.. I think i did OK. I only owed $31k on my 'Hoe and they gave me $41,911 for it with 6400 mi on it. it's like I "rented" the Tahoe for 4 mos lol... Took rebates (which were minimal, like $2500) in lieu of better financing, but thank god my wife pays all the bills in time i still got 4.22% which is better than GMAC gave me on the tahoe at 4.5% for 72mo.. Now its all about upping the payment to pay it off a little but you only live once and it's only money. Now I'm happy, my wife swears she could've lived with the seats, but she drives it not me and to me it's worth getting what you paid for, I didn't want to have buyer's remorse with the Tahoe because I knew BOTH of us didn't really feel comfortable....

Pics will come in tomorrow or Sunday, snowing here so it's already filthy.. But this Storm Gray is beautiful.. It has the Cocoa & Cashmere interior which I really wanted because the "all black" is so drab and dark (had it my last 4 vehicles) and my kids are older. I kept my black husky liners and installed them in place of the factory mud guard mats (which if anyone wants them in Cashmere/beige whatever, say so their yours for $85 shipped) it also has the "dealer installed" on the window sticker polished exhaust tip.. whatever.. It does have those blind spot warning lights in the side mirrors, pretty cool on the hwy coming home. But man driving that away after bring the Tahoe there was like night & day. the ride, the smell, the feel & touch.. The heated wheel, but most importantly the SOFTER leather seat bottoms felt so nice.. I remember someone on here telling me th Esky, Denali, Tahoe had the same preforated seats???? Not in a million years, or my Tahoe was just a POS.. I checked two other Denali's and my friend's Sierra denali and even HE said the Tahoe seats were very stiff and the leather felt like cheap material.. So maybe someone can elaborate on that?

Sorry for the long post I'm just excited and haven't had this feeling about a vehicle since I took a beating on my 2005 Grand Prix GXP (6K depreciated in 6mos and where I got my scren name as a reminder to never buy a new Pontiac again lol) to get my TBSS.. And to think I actually came out even or even a tiny bit ahead not factoring the last 4 payments into the 'Hoe... later..

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Sorry I did not want to read all that, I do know that the new Storm Gray color is HOT and I can't wait to see pics :)
I have been thinking that if I ever hop in a new Tahoe, it will be Storm Gray for sure!
BTW, congrats on the new Denali!

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Storm gray is hands down the best color choice in my opinion. I saw your other thread with pics, it's NICE. As for the Tahoe seats, I could NOT agree more. Even the dealers complain about them. I'm thinking about buying Escalade seat covers to replace mine with, no matter the expense.

All in all the new truck is definitely a winner.

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Storm gray is hands down the best color choice in my opinion. I saw your other thread with pics, it's NICE. As for the Tahoe seats, I could NOT agree more. Even the dealers complain about them. I'm thinking about buying Escalade seat covers to replace mine with, no matter the expense.

All in all the new truck is definitely a winner.

I tried to convince myself they were the same.. They're not. and besides the other 15 things I didn't like about the Tahoe, only the seats and roof rack's were fixable.. The rest too expensive and that's why i had to pul the trigger and face facts... I still may add the lower chrome to the Denali mirrors in the spring. they're sitting in my garage in box...

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It might look nice with those, but I like the way Denalis look with the chrome caps. If you decide to put something on, get some pics. :)

I agree with you on the Tahoe things. Hopefully I'll get to trade mine for a Denali/Escalade for college. I love mine enough to stand through it for a few more years, haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo