09 PPV: all the hidden accessory connectors?.?.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Olson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm new to this whole bit (literally less than a week), but I've been reading about how a lot of the OEM/civi accessory connectors are unused, and tucked up behind whatever body panel. If anyone has an idea of the entirety of the situation, I'd love to pick their brain. At this point I'm wondering about the OEM rear view mirror/reverse camera, the dash DIC button cluster, and anything else you're sure I'm going to be come aware of in the discovery process.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dic plugs right in, either buy a new panel for dash or cut yours. Reverse can either be picked up by rearview mirror or down under the dash, driver side, to left of brake pedal under a black plastic cover 0667111C-E5FC-400D-ACFF-7F906953562E.png37ACD4EC-BEFE-445D-8597-F8CA131BD96C.jpeg

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know for a fact that the Onstar style mirror connects in the PPV. If you remove the center light cluster in the headliner (remove the clear clastic lens covering the lights and remove the two screws) you will see the rear view mirror connector is wrapped in black foam.

The challenge is getting the Onstar antenna and more. I went to a junk yard and found the mirror from a Hybrid model and installed.

I have noticed a lot of other connectors behind the dash not being used. Example are the buttons to the right of the instrument cluster to see MPG and more found in the LT and LTZ.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said 09. 07-14 models and i believe nbs also, pinouts may be diff. 15+ prob the same or close also.

I swear I saw that this was posted in the 2015+ section and thought the one in his avatar kinda looked like it could be a K2x. I totally skipped over the "09" in the title. Was this thread moved or am I losing my mind?

OTOH, thanks for posting that diagram. I needed to know where to tap my HU for a reverse signal.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear I saw that this was posted in the 2015+ section and thought the one in his avatar kinda looked like it could be a K2x. I totally skipped over the "09" in the title. Was this thread moved or am I losing my mind?

OTOH, thanks for posting that diagram. I needed to know where to tap my HU for a reverse signal.
I saw 09 but not what section it was in.. meh, whatev

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI if you want an auto-dimming rear view mirror with the On-Star/compass/ambient temperature display, you don't have to use the Onstar interface.......but can utilize the compass/ambient temp/auto-dimming feature. I retrofitted my dad's Colorado with one of those rear view mirrors, ended up getting it from a guy on Ebay who sells used/take outs. Good price, and he gives you what you need for whatever vehicle you have. Including instructions and needed parts. I had to install an ambient temperature sensor in the Colorado, it was included.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk