07Burb’s 09 Deathscalade Non-Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered shocks all the way around for the deathscalade. It became apparent that they’d reached end of life whilst on our trip to Indy and back.

Bad news is some how I ordered for a Silverado rather than a Suburban (did this because I no longer have air ride on the esky). I know the part numbers are slightly different but does anyone know if silvy shocks/struts will work on the SUV???

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered shocks all the way around for the deathscalade. It became apparent that they’d reached end of life whilst on our trip to Indy and back.

Bad news is some how I ordered for a Silverado rather than a Suburban (did this because I no longer have air ride on the esky). I know the part numbers are slightly different but does anyone know if silvy shocks/struts will work on the SUV???

I think they'll fit, but would be valved too firmly.

I had some shocks for a Silverado/Sierra and they were STIFF.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gotcha. May run them a while and replace again later on then as I need to get them thrown in this weekend and I ordered these from RockAuto. Gotta be an improvement over what we’re experiencing currently. Like we’re on a cruise ship in a storm. It’s awful and just happened without warning :lol: surprising thing is what’s in there now are Arnotts which seem to have a good reputation. No idea how long they’ve been in there but seemed decent last I was underneath there

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. May run them a while and replace again later on then as I need to get them thrown in this weekend and I ordered these from RockAuto. Gotta be an improvement over what we’re experiencing currently. Like we’re on a cruise ship in a storm. It’s awful and just happened without warning :lol: surprising thing is what’s in there now are Arnotts which seem to have a good reputation. No idea how long they’ve been in there but seemed decent last I was underneath there

Sounds like you'll pretty much go from too sloppy to too firm. But, ride quality is subjective. I installed my truck shocks when I was doing all my lowering experimenting. I thought my drop springs were rock solid and cycled through two other sets. All were stupid firm, even the ones most people complain about being too soft. Swapped out the shocks and tried the springs again and found that all of 'em actually rode great. I couldn't believe the shocks were valved that firmly.

I thought Arnotts had a lifetime warranty. Or is that for the original owner only?

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just checked and the do have a “limited lifetime warranty” essentially means it covers squat lol

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked and the do have a “limited lifetime warranty” essentially means it covers squat lol

It was worth looking in to. But, yeah:

"The Arnott Warranty is non-transferable."

and

"...Securely pack the product and a copy of the original sales receipt, which is required as the proof of purchase for warranty repairs."

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I had them replace a couple of the spoof resistor packs on mine when they quit, their warranty department at least was easy to work with. The old parts had to be returned to them but they paid shipping, not sure but I believe they would send out replacement shocks and then you send the defective ones back. They do have different quality lines just like most manufacturers and the warranty varies from one to the other. I ended up buying the Bilstein versions for my 02 which you can’t get anymore so I’m not sure how they would cover my warranty. I think they’re 8 years old, maybe more, and still doing great.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score

in my experience I ordered bilstein lift struts for my Tahoe but the shocks were listed and made for a Silverado.

Long story short it rode like a TANK
Never knew it would’ve been that big of a difference but it is

Even now with my icon coil overs they need to be re valved as they were for a gmc at4
For the time being I used leveling kits to accommodate for the lift so I could lower the preload on the spring for a smoother ride.
At first it also road horrible where as when I had it on my Silverado she floated over bumps
Tahoe still does ride good but it’s definitely stiff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9