07Burb’s 09 Deathscalade Non-Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night, finally got time to replace the front hubs for the second time since ownership :banghead: Not sure if it was from when the brakes got hot coming down Pike's Peak or what but the hubs I put on over the winter lasted for sh$t so I got some new hub assemblies (supposed to be a "good brand") threw them on last night along with new rotors (pads still had a lot of life left in them). I'm getting really tired of hub assemblies not lasting regardless of what brand you use! For the last 3-5 years I can't get any hubs to last more than 20k miles and it's pathetic. I usually try and get OEM parts any time I'm replacing a worn part so that I get "quality" but in my experience here recently all hub assemblies are junk and don't last for nothing.

/rant

I'll do last rear brakes and headlight bulbs this week. This thing has the $100 bulbs and one of them turned pink on me last week :( So, I bent over and grabbed my ankles and ordered 2 units so that the headlights matched.

On the upside, a couple weeks ago I replaced both running board motors and those things are working flawlessly now :waytogo: Another upside to this rig is it's not corroded like a lot would be at this age so I don't have to fight rusted fasteners too much on this which is pretty surprising. That funeral home must have had a policy of no burying dead folks when they throw salt on the ground :Sumo: :rofl: