07 Yukon Denali Stalls After Driving 13 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bowtiegurl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The cam phaser code can make it stall and while it does need to be addressed I think one of the other issues is causing it to stall.

The bad cat on the driver's side can cause an engine to stall and they can be predictable like you are experiencing.

Finally, that brake booster vacuum leak code can also cause an engine to stall.

None of these repairs require replacement of the engine.

I'm leaning towards the catalyst but refresh our memories as to what's been done since.
The timing chain has been replaced along with the cam sensor, crank sensor, VVT actuator & solenoid, fuel pump replaced and throttle body cleaned.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The timing chain has been replaced along with the cam sensor, crank sensor, VVT actuator & solenoid, fuel pump replaced and throttle body cleaned.
Got it, so solve the oil pressure problem and I'll bet your stalling problem will go away. Most likely cause in that engine is a hardened/worn oil pickup tube o-ring that sucking in some air and bleeding off pressure. Replacing it means dropping the oil pan which is a PITA but can be done. Some shops do it by just dropping the front of the pan down enough to wiggle a wrench in there to get the bolts loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401