07 Yukon Denali drivers side front squeak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dougywarren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Made a drive from Nashville Tennessee to Walk Palm Florida this weekend. 14 hour drive one way.

First, let me start off by saying... What a freaking king of the road these Yukon Denali's are. Unbelievable how great my body felt by the end of the drive. My mind was fatigued from the trip and drive, but my body felt like I could go run a marathon. It's like sitting in a comfy chair in the living room with a wood and leather steering wheel in front of you for 14 hours. I've owned a VW, Honda, and F-150. This Denali DESTROYS them all on road trips. The 6.2 is more than enough power, runs so freaking smooth. The suspension is soooo smooth when you get cruising. Other than the MPGs, I'm just in love with this thing.

Now to the squeak...

So as it's gotten colder out, I've noticed a bit of a consistent squeak coming from the front end. It hasn't been constant. But enough to notice, then it will go away sometimes. On the way to Florida, didn't notice it. On the way back as the temp was dropping from 85 to 19, I noticed it getting more and more noticeable with the windows rolled up and music off. I thought it might be a wheel bearing. So as I pulled into the gas station, I noticed it would get a little louder when taking corners. I got out and left it idling, and noticed the sound coming from the front drivers side area, it was still going while idling, so... no wheel bearing.

I had the "Service Suspension System" warning show up a couple times on the ride home, but didn't notice that loud compressor grinding sound and the ride was smooth as hell. It was a light consistent squeak that didn't change with speed, but did get a bit louder as I got to highway speeds.

Could it be the front air shock? (they look to be pretty old) Timing belt? Anyone else with this experience?

My ride has 194k on it. But like I said, ran smooth as butter for two 14 hour drives this weekend.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
×2^ the tensioner pulley on my 6.0 had a bearing inside it go bad and it would squeak all the time. Low at idle. More noticeable at highway speeds. New tensioner was like 10 bucks from the parts store. When your truck is running pop the hood and have someone rev the gas. Watch your pulleys and you will see which tensioner is squeaking if that's what's causing it. It will rattle against its mount and you will hear the squeak. Start there.

OP
OP
dougywarren

dougywarren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, got it back from GMC and they replaced the a/c belt and tensioner, and the serpentine belt tensioner and idler.

Pull out and everything seems fine. Then this evening... Sounds the exact same as it did before.

Best way to describe it is a few crickets coming from the front end. This time it however did not do it during idle. And would be less of a noise as I was breaking. But it was slightly present so that rules out rubbing brake pads. My only other idea if the shocks, but I shook the truck back and forth and didn't hear anything. Not happy. Was $725 to fix 10% of the problem.

OP
OP
dougywarren

dougywarren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It was even worse today. Took video of it and then soon as I got to GMC the service associate took a ride with me and could immediately hear it. They took it right in. At GMC right now. It gets pretty loud during a neutral rev. So hopefully they find it this time.

VA929RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still thinking the hub..... If it's worse cornering and less braking, I'm even more convinced it's the bearing.... the Corning stresses it and causes it to be louder... The braking stabilizes the hub and helps keep it semi in line....

Ask me how I know..... Mine is in my garage at this very minute with penetrating oil on the caliper bolts I can't get off.... All while mine was making the EXACT same noise..... And I can move my wheel 1-2" when grabbing it.... New hub ready to go in as soon as I get the damn caliper off............

Just say'n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRSB16

Latest posts