07 up plug and play airbag rear system!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well ive been doing this for a while and today did a 07 and a 09 (posting pics a little later) and BOTH have the notches in rear for the trailblazer ss airbags. So if any of you guys want to airbag the back of your truck just check to see if your oem upper mounts have these 3 slots. GM used the same brackets for the trailblazer ss as the tahoes and vise versa. All you would need to do is get a 06 up trailblazer ss airbag kit (original gm part the aftermarket ones rub frame) and a 5/32 hose which connects to the trailblazer ss air bag then run a 5/32 to a 1/4 inch adapter and your set just add a compressor system (airlift)

Now when installing these airbags ride height is about a 2.5 to 3 inch drop and then you can let all the air out and the axle will sit on the frame. You will need the rear djm hardware kit with bumpstops which i have for 190 shipped (07 up models) and you will need to do the free travel mod. I HIGHLY recommened the spohn rear del sphere lower/upper bars and poly panhard bar with grease and del sphere tool which i sell for 665 shipped. That will prevent the axle getting the sucked forward look and wont push the driveshaft into the trans when laid down

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

Here is a pic of the upper bracket on the tahoe which makes the tbss airbag a bolt in deal
20131214_110658.jpg

on the right you can see the trailblazer ss airbag ears up top which spin right in
IMG_0714.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
no that is a helper bag set up.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Will depend on the weight in the rear. 3 inch drop is about 60-65 lbs. Never really checked higher The bags can go up to 120 the most I put into it just to see lift and was much higher than stock in rear.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
all you need is
tbss airbags
5/32 to 1/4 inch adapter for the line
then you can do the 1/4 inch line to a compressor like the wireless air 72000 which i do for the trailblazer ss's

here is a little how to i did for the trailblazer ss which you can use the same compressor and mounting area for the tahoes. Or those on a budget you can just use a onboard small compressor from airlift and lift and lower from inside the cab.
http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25320

FaSSt9602

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anything keeping someone from wiring up a factory Autoride (not currently equipped) with these springs? I like the idea of rear air bags!

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
waste of time. Your better off getting the wireless air by airlift to run the bags or if you dont mind running lines into the cab they have cheaper compressor set ups

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony, how does the ride quality and ride height compare to the belltech 5305 springs with spacer in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe