Advice needed, Stabilitrack and Passenger Airbag lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I may have missed it, but does replacing that sensor require a scanner to relearn/reset the position? I would think so.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you disconnect the battery, technically no. However if things got messed up due to someone’s negligence; similar to the rookie mistake of broken clock springs (by not properly securing the steering wheel), then yes, a calibration may be required via Tech2 or similar scanner.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no steering angle sensor calibration possible on the GMT900 platform through the Tech2. At least there isn't on my '07. Hence why the replacement part comes with a pin inserted to keep it from getting out of alignment during install. I went through this on my '07 a few years ago.

elmerg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
May I continue the airbag light thread? I took my 07 Tahoe in for state inspection and was rejected because of the light. The mechanic put on his scanner and found the code B0081-OF which says Passenger presence module erratic. Local car parts were not able to find this module so I found a used one on EBAY but that didn't fix anything. Some online sources say that they need to be programmed. Can anyone help me, please?

OP
OP
Project Workshop

Project Workshop

Supporting Member
Reaction score
May I continue the airbag light thread? I took my 07 Tahoe in for state inspection and was rejected because of the light. The mechanic put on his scanner and found the code B0081-OF which says Passenger presence module erratic. Local car parts were not able to find this module so I found a used one on EBAY but that didn't fix anything. Some online sources say that they need to be programmed. Can anyone help me, please?
If you have replaced the presence module already I would guess it is going to be the passenger buckle. If the sensor built into the buckle goes bad it will trigger the code. Fortunately the buckle assembly is easy to replace.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan