07 Tahoe LTZ - EVAP Emissions Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlarshn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for some feedback on what my next step should be. I have been throwing code P0442 about every 3 weeks for about the last 4 months. So far I have sequentially replaced the following components

OEM Gas Cap
EVAP Canister Vent Solenoid Valve
EVAP Ccanister Purge Solenoid Valve
EVAP Vapor Canister

All my hose connections seem to be tight and clean. I have once again set a check engine light with P0442. I have used the search forum search function but I haven't found anything that mimics my scenario. In most folks cases one of the four items above resolved their issue. Question is do I take it into a shop capable of performing the smoke test or is there another component that could cause the issue which I haven't covered yet. Any thoughts on items I should examine that is not covered on the list above? I should mention that either ACDelco or GM parts were used for all replacements.

I do not have any other codes being thrown and I also do not have the characteristic hard to fill gas tank either. I have the computer based ScanXL software I can use to interface with the vehicle if there is something I should be paying attention to there as well.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:

vinnyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that code, it was the Purge Solenoid Valve. I also had to install a new hose that routed differently. I dont remember if the hose came with the solenoid valve or was separate.

OP
OP
X

xlarshn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep, replaced that and the hose already. That was third on my list. The hose and solenoid all came as one unit when I order it. I've been told that more the likely I will need to have someone perform a smoke test to find it now.

I'm assuming that I will have to drop the gas tank in order to inspect the last remaining component in the evap system, which is the tank pressure monitoring sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM