07 Tahoe LT Power Seat Repair??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My driver side seat is the only one with power movements. Everything works except the rear up/down movement. The motor is getting power, I can look under the seat and see all of the drive linkage torquing back and forth with the switch. It just won't budge. Anybody ever tinker around with this at all? I am assuming some kind of issue with the drive gears or linkage? Thanks.

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I fixed this shit myself. After watching a seat cushion tear down and rebuild video on the seat shop . com and some pics posted on this forum in these threads here:

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/seat-foam-cushion.113675/page-2

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...ther-seat-cover-and-pad-install.109322/page-3

I was able to swap the lower seat pads from pass/driver's side. Also did with the seats IN THE TRUCK, not removed. While apart I cleaned and vacuumed everything under there real nice, was a nasty mess from the old disintegrating foam. All the power controls and linkage looked fine. You could see the up/down motor and gear torquing when hitting the button but it wouldn't move.

So I torqued it in the "down" direction, (as it was stuck in the up position" and cranked the threaded rod in the proper direction and "wala". It popped loose and stared working again. I put some lube on it and ran it up and down and seems fine now, was just stuck and bottomed out. :)

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im going to try that. My seat stopped going back and forth and up and down. The back of the seat will move but that's it.

How did it work out?

I just had to do this again but for the front up/down motor.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
My little plastic gears took a poop. My seat seemed stuck so I rocked the switch and then heard it break. I tore it apart to confirm and then ordered the Gruven brass gears. I have them and the JB weld sitting on the bench. Haven't done the repair yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne