07 Tahoe Idling strange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just cleaned my wife 06 Trailblazer TB and figured that I would do mine (07 Tahoe LT). Just what I could get without having to remove it. Since then, when in park, it will idle around 1700 rpm and will not go down till i either go in reverse or in drive. When I come to a stop. It will idle around 1000 RPM for a few seconds before coming down to around 600RPM. It didn't start this until I cleaned the TB. Was I suppose to unplug the TB before cleaning it? if I can reset it, How do I do that? Going to go out and clean it again and unplug the throttle body sensor and see if that fixes it.

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
Funny I am here for the same reason. I cleaned my TB and my RPM's are high when idleing. Everthing I've read says it will "relearn" over a period of a few days. I'll give a few days and see what happens.

Last edited:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
there was a recall about tps that could cause related problems. I got a letter in the mail for this.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO you guys need to do the throttle body recal with a Tech II device. Dealer should do it for 0.5 hour of shop time or less.

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
I've tried everyhting except the OBDII tech thing so its seems that the stealership maybe in store for me.

OP
OP
T

Tbone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update! I did check my MAF sensor because I thought I left it unplugged or might have messed it up. When I got to work this morning and placed it in park, it screamed up to about 1700 RPM before I shut it off. Today While driving home, I put in in neutral and it would scream up to about 2500 RPM and just stay there till I placed it back in Drive. I also notice that when I let off the gas and just let it coast that it drops to 1000 RPM and stays there till I hit the brake and then it slowly drops down to 600 RPM. I am wondering if I messed up my MAF when I had to fix my AEM CAI, but I was carful not to touch anything inside and even clean it with the MAF cleaner.

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
Ok, not sure if the problem is solved but this is where I am at.

I disconnected the battery and pumped the brakes about a few times, then I did the same with the gas pedal. I reconnected the battery and started it. Initially, the RPM's went up to about 2000-2500 then they dropped to 1500 and finally about 600-700 all in the matter of about 10-15 seconds. I then messed with the TB and MAF again and experience the high rpm's again so I repeated the aforemention process and it seemed to fix itself.

Now, its only been a couple of days but my idle rpm's are "normal". I'll update you if something else happens.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. Can you post what you mean about messing with the TB and MAF so others can replicate? Or do you think resetting the ECU twice was the trick?

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
What I meant by messing is that I removed the MAF and the TB and sprayed them down with a cleaning spray. After drying, I reinstalled them. However it still had the same problem with the high RPMS. I disconnected the battery pumped the brakes and gas pedal a few times, reconnnect the battery cables and started it back up and it began to idle normally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401