07 tahoe AFM removed now it will not start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
First thanks for the response, I am saying (or should have) it just doesn't start. I do not know if it actually has spark or not. I will check the EVAP Purge Solenoid

Please keep us posted as to what you find.

smokymtn65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As per tuner, re-flashed again, it's better but not totally happy with it, I asked about EVAP purge sol. he says it appears to be working fine, I did not ask how he determined that though. .LOL

kbuskill

Reaction score
As per tuner, re-flashed again, it's better but not totally happy with it, I asked about EVAP purge sol. he says it appears to be working fine, I did not ask how he determined that though. .LOL

They can leak without throwing a code for a while.

smokymtn65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And it gets worse.. The start issue is still there, 95 percent of the time it is when engine is warm and has sat for at least 10 minutes. I will always start may take 2 try's. To make matters worse the oil pump bypass stuck open 2 days after i went and picked it up. Put in a HV Melling it seems ok however OP is a lot lower that before. Hot idle around 15ish but I do not have a quality gauge on it to verify at this time. So if it will remain consistent for a little while I will try to figure out the start issue. The main problem is it is my wife's daily driver.

smokymtn65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can leak without throwing a code for a while.
Been some other developments, have a misfire on cylinder 4 , had a bent intake valve. Was getting the code that day then had the valve issue. Pulled head replaced valve could see no other damage. Back together still misfire on 4, swapped coil, injector, plug, plug wire still on 4. Compression tested 150 exactly the same as cylinder 2. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

kbuskill

Reaction score
Refresh my memory.

You said AFM delete and custom tune.

Did you have someone disable the AFM in a custom tune OR did you physically remove the AFM cam and lifters and associated hardware and then have the AFM turned off in the tune?

smokymtn65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Refresh my memory.

You said AFM delete and custom tune.

Did you have someone disable the AFM in a custom tune OR did you physically remove the AFM cam and lifters and associated hardware and then have the AFM turned off in the tune?
The latter, btr stage 2 cam , then tuned

kbuskill

Reaction score
The latter, btr stage 2 cam , then tuned

Have you checked for power at the coil and fuel injector on cylinder 4 with a test light?

You could also check for spark on cylinder 4 just as easily.

Perhaps it is a broken wire in the harness and therefore swapping coils and injectors wouldn't move the problem.

smokymtn65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked for power at the coil and fuel injector on cylinder 4 with a test light?

You could also check for spark on cylinder 4 just as easily.

Perhaps it is a broken wire in the harness and therefore swapping coils and injectors wouldn't move the problem.
I have not checked for power at injector or coil yet, however i did put my "spark tester" in line of wire and plug and it show a steady spark, so process of elimination would be power to injector. I did notice the face shall we say, of injector was very clean looking compared to the others were a little sootier . Question, in tuning can the fuel rate be changed in each injector or only as a whole? I don't know what tune program my tuner uses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e