02 sensors 08 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billytime

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,
Short and sweet, I'm looking to find out if there is a bypass module I can install or hack possibly to trick my computer into thinking the 02 sensors are normal. I had the cats removed and obviously I have 4 trouble codes about my 02 sensors. I tried the spacer bungs with no success.
Anyone have info on this?
08 yukon xl denali 6.2

OP
OP
B

Billytime

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I know. I'm obviously being cheap which is why I don't get them tuned out. They were bad and I'm poor in a sense. She's old too, didn't want to sink a ton more money. 280k miles

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I know. I'm obviously being cheap which is why I don't get them tuned out. They were bad and I'm poor in a sense. She's old too, didn't want to sink a ton more money. 280k miles
I had to replace my cats, but couldn't get the factory ones because I have long tube headers. I went to summit racing and spent $190 each for magnaflow cats and had a shop weld them on. I know money can be tight, but it's the way to go to keep the CEL codes away and keep us all breathing healthy.

Jay P Wy

Reaction score
Are the post cat O2 sensors still there and hooked up? If so you can get a spark plug spacer and put it between the sensor and the pipe (make sure you get the right size). It doesn’t always work but is a lot cheaper than 2 new cats. I did see you tried something but not sure what it was (bung spacer).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 17.07.07.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 17.07.07.png
    366.6 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
B

Billytime

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are the post cat O2 sensors still there and hooked up? If so you can get a spark plug spacer and put it between the sensor and the pipe (make sure you get the right size). It doesn’t always work but is a lot cheaper than 2 new cats. I did see you tried something but not sure what it was (bung spacer).
Lol, yeah that's what I was told it was called. Same as what you are talking about. I spaced all 4...maybe I should do just the rear 2. Thanks!!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Jay P Wy

Reaction score
Lol, yeah that's what I was told it was called. Same as what you are talking about. I spaced all 4...maybe I should do just the rear 2. Thanks!!
The front 2 control the fuel injection so they need to be in the exhaust stream. The rear 2 are only there to make sure the cats are doing their job. By putting the spacer in you are getting them out of the exhaust stream and not seeing the oxygen that should be depleted by the cats burning excess fuel. Programing (EFILive/HPTuners) is the only sure way to get rid of the codes/check engine light without putting cats back in.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Hello all,
Short and sweet, I'm looking to find out if there is a bypass module I can install or hack possibly to trick my computer into thinking the 02 sensors are normal. I had the cats removed and obviously I have 4 trouble codes about my 02 sensors. I tried the spacer bungs with no success.
Anyone have info on this?
08 yukon xl denali 6.2
You really need them tuned out.
I removed my cats when I did my Longtubes and full exhaust and I had my rear 02 sensors deleted and tuned out.

Even tuned out I’m now dealing with a 02 code for heater resistance and 02 sensor
Code I’m trying to sort out I also had a cylinder 4 misfire so I’m checking the plugs tomorrow to see how they look. And checking the 02 fuse under the hood to make sure it diddnt blow again

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did you remove the cats? They are there for a good reason
I'm obviously being cheap which is why I don't get them tuned out. They were bad and I'm poor in a sense. She's old too, didn't want to sink a ton more money.
If you delete the cats, YOU MUST TUNE OUT THE REAR O2 SENSORS.
While you're at it, there's several other codes you likely no longer need to worry about.
A pair of cats probably costs more than a tune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019