05 Tahoe: 5.3 LM7 rebuild. simple upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What all did they do and how much, if’n ya don’t mind? When it’s time to pull mine, I’d drive from Dallas to Houston for good work. Plus, sister lives down there.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured I would used this thread. Got the block on the stand. Really pleased with the machine shop and their work. I used www.scrogginsmachine.com in Houston if anyone cares.

What all did they do and how much, if’n ya don’t mind? When it’s time to pull mine, I’d drive from Dallas to Houston for good work. Plus, sister lives down there.

^^^What matt said. What they did, parts used, any issues found and corrected, and deviations from stock...?

OP
OP
blueinkd

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the invoice. Seems pretty thorough to me. They included all the old parts/bearings in a plastic bag. No expert here, but I have had machine work done in the past on SBF stuff by FordStrokers.com and this machine shop has a great local reputation.

Attachments

• 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 24

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the invoice. Seems pretty thorough to me. They included all the old parts/bearings in a plastic bag. No expert here, but I have had machine work done in the past on SBF stuff by FordStrokers.com and this machine shop has a great local reputation.
Seems very reasonable to me.

OP
OP
blueinkd

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished the torque sequence on the heads. Needs oil pump, timing set, oil pan and rear timing cover. May not get to drop it in tomorrow. Wife is traveling out of town and need time with her! Giggidy Giggidy goo!!

Attachments

• 20230603_180332.jpg
    20230603_180332.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
blueinkd

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DOES anyone have a quick pick for reference of the studs that hold the bellhousing to the engine. I know my buddy disconnected all of that back there so I'm going in blind for the reassembly. Probably not difficult but a reference would be handy.

There are several grounds and wires hanging back there. Unless I'm over thinking it and they are just ground wires. I know the oil pressure and cam sensor connectors for sure .

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DOES anyone have a quick pick for reference of the studs that hold the bellhousing to the engine. I know my buddy disconnected all of that back there so I'm going in blind for the reassembly. Probably not difficult but a reference would be handy.

There are several grounds and wires hanging back there. Unless I'm over thinking it and they are just ground wires. I know the oil pressure and cam sensor connectors for sure .

This is from my '08/GenIV. But it's what I have:

img_2062-jpg.jpg

IIRC, there aren't any grounds on any of these. The only ground back there that I can think of is the braided one from the firewall to the back of the left/driver side head. Yes, the labels are chicken scratch. I can decipher them if you need and if they're even relevant to your LM7.

OP
OP
blueinkd

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is from my '08/GenIV. But it's what I have:

View attachment 401765

IIRC, there aren't any grounds on any of these. The only ground back there that I can think of is the braided one from the firewall to the back of the left/driver side head. Yes, the labels are chicken scratch. I can decipher them if you need and if they're even relevant to your LM7.
Much appreciated!! This definitely helps but I was more interested in the wires hanging back there. Thing is my buddy worked on that back part and removed the bellhousing and I don't like the feeling of going in blind. Really I haven't taken a close look either so I may just be over thinking it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic