05 Denali Front end Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I picked up a 2005 Yukon Denali 6.0l for $2500. Drove it home. Body is nice but engine had 292K and front end is about shot. Definitely needs Ball Joints, tie rods, idler and Pitman arm. Have to get it in the air to check the hubs. I also have (2) '03 Tahoe LTs so this isnt my first rodeo with this chassis.

Anyone have any experience with those kits on ebay? Like Detroit Axle? $107.16 for upper control arms with ball joints, tie rods, pitman and idler, lower ball joints. Sounds like a helluva deal but will they last for daily driver? Tahoe goes off road but Denali probably will not. I put AC Delco Pro series on my Tahoe. Girlfriends Tahoe is down waiting for a lazy SOB to replace the fragged NP246e transfer case.

This Denali will pull hard to right then later after going over major bumps or rough road it will start pulling the opposite direction. Steering wheel is off center opposite the direction it is pulling during this steering chaos.

Any input by the gurus would be much appreciated.

fresh350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only use Moog stuff... Tried cheaper parts on my vehicles and learned pretty quick why they were cheaper.

OP
OP
rockola1971

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience with moog on my Sierra Z71 the moog didnt last over a year. Id put AC Delco Pro on the Denali before I spent Moog money on it.

quest51210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Delphi uppers, Proforged inner/outer tie rods, O'Reilly idler and pitman arms, kyb stabilizer, and no name Amazon hubs. Total about $300 in parts. Another member here recommended the Detroit Axle kit and said he had about 11-12k miles on his escalade with no issues before he sold it.

OP
OP
rockola1971

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. So he got about a years driving on the detroit axle kit before he sold it. Anyone know of someone that has more miles on the same kit? I might just try it and be the test case if not!

fresh350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience with moog on my Sierra Z71 the moog didnt last over a year. Id put AC Delco Pro on the Denali before I spent Moog money on it.

That's weird... I've done countless Moog parts in my vehicles and customers vehicles and never had problems. I guess some people just have that luck.

OP
OP
rockola1971

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I said screw it and got 2 kits.
Kit 1 - Tie rods, upper control arm with ball joint,Lower ball joints, pitman and idler arms and stabilizer link kit.
Kit 2 Upper and lower ball joints, tie rods, stabilizer link kit, idler and pitman arms

Ill be doing a Tahoe(2003) too while taking care of the Yukon Denali (2005) then if they turn out good to go Ill redo the frontend on my GFs Tahoe(2003) with the Detroit kit.

I should probably put New lower bushings in the Denali since the upper control arms are new with bushings.

Should I just go ahead and do the sway bar bushing too since the stabilizer links are getting replaced. Whats another 30mins of work.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy once cry once. Detroit Axle is chinese junk, they dont make anything in Detroit, i already contactd them a while ago when i first saw their tempting kits for my Grand Marquis. Might as well buy mevetech econmoy grade that will wear out in 10k miles. You dont want to do this mutliple times and get mutliple alignments.

The only choices for suspension parts are Moog Problem Solver or AC Delco Profession, if you plan on keeping the vehicle.

Eta: i see you got the kits, thanks for being the guinea pig, good luck.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
champion313