04 Yukon Denali self accelerates briefly at prolonged idle

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by Ken Taylor, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Mechanic421

Mechanic421 06 Denali XL

Name:
    David
    Wish I knew someone in your area.

2. mstaake415

mstaake415 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Michael
    Don't buy Dorman electrical/sensors/important parts. They're fine for simple stuff like door handles. I'd rather have used OEM parts from the junkyard than Dorman. Source: I work at a parts store and sell this crap all day. And I've got bit by the "I can have it now at my employee discount price" bug and literally every time I use a Dorman part for something important I regret it.

Rocket Man likes this.
  3. 91RS

91RS Full Access Member

Name:
    D
    Agreed.

Honestly, I wouldn't spend another dime on anything but the PCM update. If you do end up having the dealer diagnose your problem they'll likely want to do that first anyway.

4. jose1x

jose1x TYF Newbie

Name:
    jose
    replace or have your alternator check when under load it act up the rpm fluctuated i change throttle body but did not help until i change the alternator it will take a few days for the pcm to adjust to the new alternator

5. Ken Taylor

Ken Taylor TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ken
    Me too 421. I'm going to end up taking it to the dealer to get the PCM update as soon as I can break from work. We're kinda slammed atm. Appreciate your interest brotha

6. Ken Taylor

Ken Taylor TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ken
    I hear ya on that, but I did just to see if it worked. If it worked I'd end up buying the whole pedal assembly for $255 from ac delco. I received the part today from Amazon ($34) but havent installed it yet.

7. Ken Taylor

Ken Taylor TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ken
    Yep. I wont throw anything on 7ntil I can get to the dealer. You're the fifth person to tell me this. Thanks for ur input! Agreed

8. Ken Taylor

Ken Taylor TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ken
    Hello Jose. I've got a 14.2 reading from the stock original alternator. Think I'm good there. But I do plan to get me a Mechman for my stereo upgrade I plan to do as soon as I figure this current problem out. Thanks for your input.

9. Mechanic421

Mechanic421 06 Denali XL

Name:
    David
    Anytime I have fixed many problems from these forums. Lots of great knowledge and experience from great people. Good luck! But if no one in your area can’t figure it out you can maybe have black bear help you with a flash scan and data log.

Ken Taylor likes this.