04 Denali Headlight Inspection and cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Sdp1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05Single, I’ll look into this in the future. Purchased Purde replacements and installed them. They were cheap and you get what you pay for. Much better than the stock with the bad reflectors but a lot off shadows.

I will keep my stock lights and look into the new bowls and retrofit.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
05Single, I’ll look into this in the future. Purchased Purde replacements and installed them. They were cheap and you get what you pay for. Much better than the stock with the bad reflectors but a lot off shadows.

I will keep my stock lights and look into the new bowls and retrofit.
The retrofits are a great idea and also the easiest retrofits out there, you don’t have to bake the headlights open like almost all the others. I completely forgot the stock Denali headlights are candidates for that with the brackets you can buy.

PNWMuseumman

Bow Ties Are Cool
Reaction score
My low beams are very dim. Today was the day to take them apart, clean them, and install new bulbs.
A couple pictures of the assembly’s
e2770f6c604e3e4b042f3b4ef6b221f4.jpg
f16a283b9daddf2a11c3577d28472cdc.jpg
96441280402b6b65da90046cb936584c.jpg
691e82b09138acf342a3294db177ae52.jpg
c4b39da02b51121d3c88afed80309644.jpg

I’m worried about the flaking mirror material looking down inside the light

Is this what’s causing my problems.28ba25008f00e9b579a4d01c9c940e93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excuse my french, but how in the hell did you get the actual projector assembly off of the rest of the housing??? The projectors on my 02 are filthy, but hwen I took out all the screws it wouldn't budge. reguardless of how much I pried on it.. I finally gave up for fear of breaking it. Word to the wise, it is possible to clean it up "some" with it still attached, but it is a major PITA, and I still look at it almost everyday and silently curse those housings...

Many thanks for any help as to how you did this wizardry!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excuse my french, but how in the hell did you get the actual projector assembly off of the rest of the housing??? The projectors on my 02 are filthy, but hwen I took out all the screws it wouldn't budge. reguardless of how much I pried on it.. I finally gave up for fear of breaking it. Word to the wise, it is possible to clean it up "some" with it still attached, but it is a major PITA, and I still look at it almost everyday and silently curse those housings...

They’re held in place with Permaseal which is a *****. Google it. Heat helps a bit, prying helps a bit and you definitely need a good razor knife.

OP
OP
S

Sdp1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I’m sorry but there was not a secret . Maybe it was easier because I already determined they were “toast” I pried from simultaneous points at the same time

OP
OP
S

Sdp1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The retrofits are a great idea and also the easiest retrofits out there, you don’t have to bake the headlights open like almost all the others. I completely forgot the stock Denali headlights are candidates for that with the brackets you can buy.

Will the new retrofits bolt into the purde lights I naught? They don’t have good light but they look much better than my old stock units

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will the new retrofits bolt into the purde lights I naught? They don’t have good light but they look much better than my old stock units
Into the purde lights ? They will only fit if your new lights have the same projectors as the stock ones. I know Anzo U-bar ones work.

OP
OP
S

Sdp1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Into the purde lights ? They will only fit if your new lights have the same projectors as the stock ones. I know Anzo U-bar ones work.
The new hids will have projectors so I guess that matters so that the adapter plates and everything line up?

OP
OP
S

Sdp1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy CB&D brackets for a retrofit. $55

Then get H1 bowls from theretrofitsource.com

Acme super mini H1 - $50
Morimoto mini H1 - $150

H1 halogen bulbs - $10 - $30
H1 HID kit - $30 - $150

Not only will you have new bowls with new reflective and non flaking chrome but you’ll have better output than you would even with brand new oem lights
Finally going to do this... ordering later today. Any reason not to proceed with something like this?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Finally going to do this... ordering later today. Any reason not to proceed with something like this?
I have zero regret . Anyone who has done this has zero regret

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts