03 Tahoe Code P0116- FIXED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just finished my electric fan conversion on the Tahoe. Installed the Blackbear performance tune. Everything seems to work fine, except when I went for a test drive the temp gage dropped to zero. E fans working fine, gage temp initially went up to about 200. During test drive dropped to zero. Plugged in my Auto Cal and showing code P0116. Thoughts? I’m going to email Blackbear as well. I do have some other codes now that I didn’t have before.

Last edited:

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you did something electrical on the temperature sensor, so probably you have a problem on the wiring.
Especially when the code is p0116 and your gauge drop to zero.
So tell us what you did and/or check the wiring...

OP
OP
Dantheman-2003

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll take another look today. Pretty basic setup. OEM harness, blue/black & grey/ yellow to fans. Red to power, black to ground. 2 PCM wires, green to pin 42 and blue to pin 33. Uploaded tune file and into the end zone for a touchdown. Except now the temp gauge issue and P0116 code. Like I said I’ll take another look at the wiring and also reach out to Blackbear

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But did you change something on the temperature sensor harness? It located close to the steering pump.
Because the p0116 says "Engine to cold" wich is, because you have 0 temperature, as seen additionally on the gauge, which means, that something with your temperature sensor ist not correct.

Maybe the connector is not appropriate in place?

OP
OP
Dantheman-2003

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah for sure that code points to the temp sensor. But I never messed with it. Never touched it. Ima take a look today and will circle back.

OP
OP
Dantheman-2003

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: So I disconnected the battery, went back through the wiring, and now all good. Everything working as it should. E-fans engage at around 205 degrees. Super happy with this project thus far. Thanks to all for the support.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad the problem is fixed. Add to your thread title that this was "fixed " or "resolved".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660