'03 leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sahine2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP
OP
S

sahine2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
are you trying to lift the front and the rear? thats what thats doing. what im bout to purchase is just to lift the front where its level with stock rear height.

http://shop.suspensionmax.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/5387984/vpcsid/13269144/SFV/32526

do you need to have shock extensions with that if you are cranked all the way up?

I am basically trying to mimic the look of this tahoe:
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20571&highlight=leveling&page=2

And I believe that he is using a kit like this, but the link at the beginning of the post is messed up so I am not sure.

I want to fit 285/75/16 or 295/75/16 tires.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
That is a Ford Key lift with 1.5" Spacer and LT295/70r17's.

I had Ready Lift Keys Cranked 3" with 1.5" Spacers on LT295/70r17. Longer Shocks is a good idea but don't have to do it, it just helps dampen the ride better. Here is my Z71 with that setup :)

5791612d.jpg

Night Fury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you need to have shock extensions with that if you are cranked all the way up?

I am basically trying to mimic the look of this tahoe:
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20571&highlight=leveling&page=2

And I believe that he is using a kit like this, but the link at the beginning of the post is messed up so I am not sure.

I want to fit 285/75/16 or 295/75/16 tires.

i think you would have to lift the rear with coil spacers or shackles . contact your local motorsports place where they do lifts and stuff. cause off the top of my head i dont think you will have enough room to clear that size tire with stock height in the back? if you can it would look weird but i may be wrong.

brucebruce45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
305/70/16 will clear stock. Don't need shackles to lift rear. I would personally toss he shock extenders an run bilsteins or an aftermarket shock

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a Ford Key lift with 1.5" Spacer and LT295/70r17's.

I had Ready Lift Keys Cranked 3" with 1.5" Spacers on LT295/70r17. Longer Shocks is a good idea but don't have to do it, it just helps dampen the ride better. Here is my Z71 with that setup :)

5791612d.jpg

Your truck looks sweet, gives me hope i can get mine looking better. Its wose then stock now. I understand the keys but whats up with the 1.5 spacers. The go in the front also or those go out back. Any idea where to find those.
Also i put a 2" body lift on my 98 and it killed my millage. Did you notice any difference?
Thanks

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Your truck looks sweet, gives me hope i can get mine looking better. Its wose then stock now. I understand the keys but whats up with the 1.5 spacers. The go in the front also or those go out back. Any idea where to find those.
Also i put a 2" body lift on my 98 and it killed my millage. Did you notice any difference?
Thanks

The 1.5" Spacers were for the rear coils to level out the back of Tahoe with the front. The spacers I used were from Summit and the brand is Suspensionmaxx and were $79.95. (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SPX-SMX-15150/)

I did notice a decrease in MPG due to the bigger tires and since the Tahoe is now a Daily commuter of 70miles daily, I went back to stock Z71 height and tire size :(

The keys and spacers were super easy to install and did it in my drive way with a 3 TON gear puller, (2) 2.5 ton jacks and a handful of tools. Should take about an hour or 2 to install. I did it in 45 min with an air compressor and impact gun :)

This is now how she looks.... Still searching for the right rims, may go back to my old black and chrome look :mexsmoke:

a3ca32ef.jpg

Last edited:

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O i got ya one the spacers. I was thinking of at least putting keys in he front. To level thefront. Looks weird pitching foward. those wheels you had on thre before. What size where those.
So what are you getting for milage before and after.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667