Need help on leveling kit choice and tire size please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cireallin

cireallin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome - Guess what I need to do is find out if I have ACC. Do you know how I can find out if I have ACC?
Sorry I missed the adaptive cruise control part earlier. I don't have that, I only have Collision alert. But it's the same button on the steering wheel next to your cruise control settings. It's the one that looks like a cloud (car) with a star above it. When you turn on your cruise control and press that button, you will get a pop up on the screen if you have ACC to adjust the monitoring distance. Mine only shows Collision alert because I don't have ACC.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number is for the fascia cutout for tow hooks?

OP
OP
cireallin

cireallin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM Part # 22936496. The picture doesn't show the actual cut outs for the tow hooks but it's the correct one. I ordered it to replace mine and it had the cut outs already removed.

Greez82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Truck looks great. Hoping to do a similar setup on my ltz burb. How did the 1.5 rear work out? Is there any rake? Do you have any photos showing side? Thanks

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, just thought I'd share the results of my build today! 2.5/1.5 SuspensionMaxx, 20x9 Helo HE901 black/machined dark tint, 295/55/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and Corsa exhaust with black tips. No trimming or rubbing. She's sitting perfect now. Doing PPV front fascia replacement next week and then she should be good to go for a minute.

The work you've done on the LTZ looks GREAT! I bet that exhaust sounds good.
I got a little carried away on my LTZ's front fascia and just blew a bunch of cash on the "off-road package" OE bumper, valence, tow hooks, skid plates. Added the RST black grille a couple weeks ago - really digging that. Most everywhere I looked said that grille was not going to fit my 2015 LTZ, but my guy at Chevy Collision knows these trucks. He said, "order it and it will fit." Anyway, since I'm living in Maine I get onto the logging roads other rough stuff from time to time and need as much clearance up front as I can manage.

That brings me to my current dilemma: I'm going back and forth about which leveling kit to pull the trigger on. I've already decided on the Ridge Grapplers (would love the 295/55/20, but with my stock rims). For many reasons, I was looking at the 1.5 SuspensionMaxx product with MRC delete bracket for the front level only. YOUR RIG IS EXACTLY THE LOOK I WANT THOUGH.

?'s for you:
1) I'm assuming front rake still to your truck since you have the 2.5/1.5 setup. Why didn't you go with 1" in the rear?
2) How much clearance do you have up front with the 295/55/20? Could you have gone with less width and more overall diameter?
3) IYO - what's the largest tire I would be able to put on the Tahoe if I only raised the front 1.5"?

I've done quite a bit of research on changing the LTZ to be something more capable off road. However, trying to keep an eye on the wallet, AND, in the back of my mind is the warranty. Of course we decided to buy a certified pre-owned and my wife and kids fell in love will all the bells and whistles of the LTZ. Enjoy the your ride, weather's finally starting to turn and time to get out and enjoy!

MyTruck v3 - 4.2019 bFront.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01