03-06 steering wheel on 02 Yukon?!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FreshLikeOprah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it will work. And like mentioned, you'll need a airbag from a HD truck due to being single stage. 03-07. I agree. The newer wheels look much better, and nothing like driving down the road "grippin grain"

OP
OP
U

Ultim8SVT

Reaction score
Ok, well after the feedback I received from everyone here I simply threw the steering wheel in the shed & never installed it. I'm going to search for a GMC truck airbag from 03-07 & hopefully it works. I will keep everyone posted. I'm crossing my fingers!

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Hey guys, will this airbag work?

I have leather dye so the color isn't a big deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-04-05-06...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4159371511&vxp=mtr

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I want the 03 wheel for audio controls I already have aftermarket radio so there has to be a wire harness to add it in.
If I used my 02 airbag ok n the 03 wheel shouldn't it all be easy swap?

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

I have the same problem. I want the 03 wheel for audio controls I already have aftermarket radio so there has to be a wire harness to add it in.
If I used my 02 airbag ok n the 03 wheel shouldn't it all be easy swap?

JRyan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So how hard should it be to change out the whole column ... looks like you can just disconnect it from the shaft on the rack and slide it out and slide the 03 one in...after you change the air bag and what not... so is there any different connectors i should be aware of before i tear into this

Gmoney871

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm also intersted in this swap but for look AND audio controls, is it possible have aftetmarket head unit that has the option to use factory steering controls

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old post from years back but I am searching the forms trying to get the answer for the same question and it does not work the splines are different the sizes different everything is different about it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14