02 Base for my son

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
I did end up finding a sled for Jack. Exactly what I wanted, an 06 Yamaha Nytro ER. It was an ordeal to buy it, ended up having my brother go look at it and get it for me because it was near his work. He said it was clean and appears the 1826 miles on odometer was correct. So he left it at his work and we loaded it in the back of his truck the day before thanksgiving and headed up north so we could finish getting our sleds ready for the season. 010640DF-9EC7-4BC0-AB4E-82ED8F6FEC15.jpeg
9B9BF133-43AF-49A6-B8C5-B83F930A1D99.jpeg
51AFD005-9914-4F29-8180-7E1F345680D7.jpeg
E0DC03D3-DC23-416C-A958-EEFDF09B2F2C.jpeg

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
1C2F30BF-B48D-4E16-AF16-E297547BA258.jpeg

We got up north around 10:30pm and I was tired so I didn’t do anything besides get the heat turned up and everything on and then went to bed. The next morning we pulled it out of his truck and I drove it into the garage and I told my brother I have to find out how to change the speedo from Km/h to MPH. He said the guy probably thought the sled was the fastest thing he’s ever ridden because he wasn’t on MPH! Lol. A quick internet search told me how to do it and as soon as I did the miles changed too! Thing only has 1141 miles, not 1826. Even better!
I still have to go thru a few things and change the fluids but it’s still a new sled so there shouldn’t be much I have to do. I bought a new battery and also 144 picks so I can stud the track so it’s not squirrelly in the corners. Hopefully this will be trouble free for a while and he’ll get some use out of it.

BF61BAE7-6442-4B19-92FE-415062D05172.jpeg

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Wanted to wish all of you guys a merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Years.
It’s about to get “real” this snowmobile season. The season started off not looking good with 10” of snow dumped three separate times but then got warm and rained. But now it’s cold and we are getting some good snow coming our way. Forecast is close to 20” coming in the next week and the wet heavy snow that survived the warm up put down a solid base so they should be able to drag it nice and smooth and should set a good pace for the season. And it’s only getting “real” not only because Jack has his new sled but I decided to bolt on another 90 hp to my sled. After all the research I’ve done the only turbo kit I wanted to use was a Push kit and I found a guy selling the complete kit for half the cost of new so I grabbed it. I can’t wait to see what 240hp is gonna feel like on this rocket.
9E0D5254-6FEA-429B-A0C1-12C7E1F3D324.jpeg

4E773357-F702-46B3-B1A1-F2FF317B373E.jpeg

The air to water intercooler looks brand new and he also gave me a bunch of different helixes for my secondary clutch to keep it in its powerband which keeps the turbo spooled up. Turbo housing needs to be cleaned up a little but I’m working on that before I put it on.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Wanted to wish all of you guys a merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Years.
It’s about to get “real” this snowmobile season. The season started off not looking good with 10” of snow dumped three separate times but then got warm and rained. But now it’s cold and we are getting some good snow coming our way. Forecast is close to 20” coming in the next week and the wet heavy snow that survived the warm up put down a solid base so they should be able to drag it nice and smooth and should set a good pace for the season. And it’s only getting “real” not only because Jack has his new sled but I decided to bolt on another 90 hp to my sled. After all the research I’ve done the only turbo kit I wanted to use was a Push kit and I found a guy selling the complete kit for half the cost of new so I grabbed it. I can’t wait to see what 240hp is gonna feel like on this rocket.
View attachment 358782

View attachment 358783

The air to water intercooler looks brand new and he also gave me a bunch of different helixes for my secondary clutch to keep it in its powerband which keeps the turbo spooled up. Turbo housing needs to be cleaned up a little but I’m working on that before I put it on.
Merry Christmas to you and your family Jim! And please be safe out there with all those new found horsies!! Have fun buddy.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Wow, Xmas since I’ve updated this one? I’ll have to go back thru my pics and see what I’ve done since then.

I guess I haven’t done much, I have been driving the truck since January so that’s probably why. And also it was sled season so I’m running north every weekend to get seat time. But I did make another bracket for oil catch can so I can put one on this vehicle too.
D1D14056-52FD-4A4C-8764-40FA6F4B0A51.jpeg

Mounts in same place as the one I made for her Esky, off the master cylinder mounting bolts. I had to clearance the peak of the “roof” looking thing to clear a piece on the master reservoir.
9556B889-DBD0-44F5-8217-39969C5F4B84.jpeg
96BFA537-41BF-4D6F-85D0-2DCB8D405CA9.jpeg

It’s painted and has catch can mounted to it but still sitting in garage. I have to trim the engine plastics to get hose routed and just haven’t found the time.

Oh, and I also put a new battery in it because it was slow starting after sitting for 3 months. That’s important to know for the next post.

Last edited: