'00 Tahoe LS ABS/Airbag lights/modules

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Whistler

Living the dream! I'm just not sure who's dream
Reaction score
The ABS and ABg relay/modules(whatever they're called) were removed before I got the vehicle. From what I've read, I believe that the ABS modules are generally removed because of ABS hub problems, etc., but other than killing off the ABS doesn't affect the driveability. Also, again from reading, the ABg module is generally removed due to seat sensors being problematic. Again, as I understand it the airbags may not work but other than that, doesn't affect driveability.

I also think I've read that the cruise control will not work with the ABS module out. Must be right, my cruise does not work, and the ABS module is missing. . . :)

So, first off, is this info basically correct?

Second, what would happen if I would replace these modules as-is? I really have no idea what issues there may be/have been when the modules were removed, and though while I was going through things that may be another couple of systems to take a look at. However, since the truck is doing just fine without both modules, I hesitate to fix something that isn't broke!

I'll go set in my corner now, for a little while . . . . :D

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would leave it alone honestly. it sounds like the previous owner didnt actually want to fix anything so you might just be poking a hornet's nest trying to put things back in. that or spending alot of money fixing things that are now broken because of various reasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts