00-10 5.5 Inch Drop Spring Tahoe/Yukon Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I installed these coils on my 07 Avalanche over the weekend and I can tell you these thing ride like a caddy!!!

I have the DJM Rear Hardware kit and DJM shocks and it rides great. Couldn't ask for more

I will get measurements tonight and I will try to upload some pics soon.

Thanks to Tony for all the help!!

Josh

so josh how are they holding up for yah :)

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I didn't know the helper bags fit inside these, I may have to scoop a set from you now.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i said that a few times allready guys where have you been at lol

1lowhoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does DJM make a 6/7/8/9 inch drop lol causr ide like to get one ive cut the shit out of this DJM 5inch spring like totally in half and wanting to ditch it ! LMK i dont want to raise it i still want to be the lowest tahoe in my city lol

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
does DJM make a 6/7/8/9 inch drop lol causr ide like to get one ive cut the shit out of this DJM 5inch spring like totally in half and wanting to ditch it ! LMK i dont want to raise it i still want to be the lowest tahoe in my city lol

on the guys that want to cut i use the belltech tb spring and cut a coil off then smooth the edges that will drop it 6.5 inches over stock then i use the airlift bags inside. You will need to run a shock that is 18 inches extended. Using the same set up on my wifes truck now and have done prob 50 local trucks like this over the past years with no problems. I was tryign to get a spring made to set us this low but not enough people were interested.

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56608

the djm tb spring when cut loses a lot of its quality due to design and 99 percent of the people like the way it rides and sits low enough. But for customers that want to get lower I install the belltech set up and cut a loop along with the rear djm hardware kit and shocks with airlift bags and its fine.

on 305 35 24 and this spring the back sat at 31.5 with no air in the airbags.

Last edited:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Damn I hate cutting coils but that may solve my issue with these belltech tb coils, little bastards just need a little more springrate.

1lowhoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill go and take some pictures of what mine sits at ow but i got that 5 inch spring cut almost in half and sits nice and i am running tahoe 20s 245/50/20 pictures will be up tomorrow

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the main thing the coils ONLY CUT OFF THE TOP do not cut the lower side. You need the placement on the rear axle. ive never had issues with the tb coils cut as long as you use that airbag i put in the post. because when the truck sits down its only like 5 inches from top to bottom of spring clearance. ive done tons of the tb coils cut off the top and flat cut the top spring and no issues.

1lowhoe what does your truck sit at now from ground to fenderlip?? if you have 245 50 20 it should sit at like 29

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:58 PM ----------

with the 5100 series bilstein ride honestly is not as good as with the djm 1800s with the cut tb spring and airhelper bags.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Did you use the standard 60769 airlift bags? The issue I have with these is they collapse onto themselves due to the low springrate, bags could solbe all that but I like being 31" at all corners. I'd like to just swap everything out for king or fox coilovers and put some struts up front. Sigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts