2017 Yukon - Front “lifted” 1 inch after new struts/springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mics

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just installed the “stock” replacement struts by Luft Meister. I also have the 2” rear drop springs (kit) from Maxtrac installed.

I measured from bottom of the wheel to the fender prior to the drop and was at 32.25” in the front. After install of the new struts and springs in front, I noticed the rear had some “squat”. After measuring again, I found approximately 1” of lift in the front (33.25” from bottom of wheel to fender).

I know springs will settle over time, but wondering how I can get the front back down that inch. Anyone have experience with Luft Meister?

I should also note that I’m getting a C0575-1A code (left front) and a “Service Suspension” alert on the dash. I’ve already reached out to Luft Meister about this.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just installed the “stock” replacement struts by Luft Meister. I also have the 2” rear drop springs (kit) from Maxtrac installed.

I measured from bottom of the wheel to the fender prior to the drop and was at 32.25” in the front. After install of the new struts and springs in front, I noticed the rear had some “squat”. After measuring again, I found approximately 1” of lift in the front (33.25” from bottom of wheel to fender).

I know springs will settle over time, but wondering how I can get the front back down that inch. Anyone have experience with Luft Meister?

I should also note that I’m getting a C0575-1A code (left front) and a “Service Suspension” alert on the dash. I’ve already reached out to Luft Meister about this.
well there is a old saying, you get what you pay for.
love how this company has a "german" name yet is chinese, maybe they hope no one will notice :shrug:

OP
OP
M

mics

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well there is a old saying, you get what you pay for.
love how this company has a "german" name yet is chinese, maybe they hope no one will notice :shrug:
I’ve read plenty of good and plenty of bad about OEM and other brands alike. If ACDelco was so great, people wouldn’t be debating whether or not to go with an elimination kit.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve read plenty of good and plenty of bad about OEM and other brands alike. If ACDelco was so great, people wouldn’t be debating whether or not to go with an elimination kit.
usually that is mostly due to "cost" you can find oem stuff for cheaper than what the dealer is asking for it and yet still be high cost. I need to replace my front shocks/springs
parts cost alone is probably $700 for oem from a 3rd party seller, dealer wants a few hundred more for the same parts.
no matter if I get them from the dealer or 3rd party seller they will come with a lifetime warranty.
yes I could get "cheap" aftermarket parts for probably $250 and use resistors and bypass the system but that's not a solution for me.
I replaced them once before with oem and wore them out already and oddly enough about a month afterwards they started offering lifetime warranty, go figure.....
this time around I am willing to go oem again with lifetime warranty.
the gmt900's have a history of oem failure starting around 80k miles
the k2's have a history of oem failure starting around 45k miles
some prefer to just bypass the electronics, if I was going to bypass I would just use resistors and bilstein 4800/5100's and the associated springs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar